Chp. 3: Going Home

Beck POV

I watch as Jade clumsily exited the room. Did she seriously think I didn't care about her? Does she think she's the only one who's been negatively affected by this breakup? Well she's not!

I can't get my mind to stop thinking about her! Anywhere I go I just wish she was there with me. It's like she owns a part of me and it won't ever get used to her not being around. Every time she popped into my head I had to remind myself that she picked all of these fights. Us breaking up was the best thing for us... I think.

I was brought back to reality when a new face walked through the door.

"Is everyone alright? I felt the earthquake." Cat's mom's boss came in.

"We're all okay, thanks for asking. Sorry about the house."

"No, no, that's not your guys' fault. Oh, and you might want to check in on your friend, she looked to be in need of help."

"Did something happen to her on the way out? She got hit on the head with a chunk of ceiling, and refused our attempts to help." Cat, Robbie, and I started to get worried again.

"Is that what happened? I found her on the floor at the bottom of the steps, struggling to stand up. I helped her get up, of course, but you guys should make sure she gets home okay. I'm positive that she can't drive in that condition."

I walked past him and out into the hallway. How could Jade order us to not help when she really needs it?

I heard Cat explain to the man what happened while he was gone as I rushed down the hallway. I needed to make sure Jade was okay. We may not be together anymore, but I need to make sure she's safe.

I made it to the ground floor just in time to see Jade trying to leave, and leaning on the door for support. I ran to her side, but before I got a word in, she spoke up.

"Go away Beck! I don't need your help."

"I'm not letting you drive yourself home in the condition you're in!"

"Why shouldn't you?"

Is she being serious?

"Why shouldn't I? Do you think I'm going to let you get in that car and drive on a busy street when you can't even keep your eyes focused on anything?"

Her eyes were shifting back and forth as if she had spun in circles and was trying to stare at one spot.

"Why do you care so much? We broke up, so you obviously don't care what happens to me! Just let me go and then you can go back to pretending I don't exist!"

She can't be serious.

"I'm not gonna fight with you right now. You are hurt, and I am taking you home."

"Why can't Cat or Robbie take me home?"

"You drove Cat here and I drove Robbie. Either you spend the night here, or you get in my car and I'll take you home."

She gained control over her vision and looked me in the eyes. In that short moment, things have seemed to gone in slow motion. I searched her eyes for any sign of us in there. Any caring gaze, any thoughtful expression, anything that tells me that we can be friends again. I really don't want her to leave my life. To my disappointment, there was nothing there but coldness, sadness, and guilt. Wait... Guilt?

"Fine. You can take me home. But if you think we are going to have a conversation or be in good terms after this, you have another thing coming."

With that, she turned around, and as stable as she could, walked outside towards where my truck was parked.