"We're going somewhere far away," she suggests, "Don't worry, I have a vampire's allure – we'll go anywhere and get anything we want, Sloan shouldn't have taught it to me. We just have to avoid being detected by vampire hunters."

"Okay? But, I don't know where we should fly to – somewhere scenic I guess? For a holiday? "

"I was thinking another big city but..." Carmen knocks her hand on the window, "...big cities are where the paranormal trouble is at... so..."

"Should we go to the wilderness?" I suggest, "And just... disappear?"

Carmen turns to me with a sly smile, "Do you like camping, Silvia?"

"What if we run into a creepy cult hiding out in the middle of nowhere? That's where all the crazies hide," I frown, until I realise the irony.

We were both technically insane according to the law.

"I have a place in mind – I used to date a guy in high school who took me to his parents ski lodge, on the Wilder Mountains. We don't have to leave the country. We can just go there. No one will find us. We'll break in, it'll be our hideaway," Carmen redirects the taxi driver to drive us into the mountains, while I take out my phone and check the weather.

"We'll have to hide all the mirrors and stop any reflections," I say, "Lycans can use them like portals."

"Easy, we'll draw the curtains and smash the mirrors," Carmen speaks while texting.

"What are you texting?" I wonder.

"I'm saying... if you don't behave, we're leaving the country, wink wink, they don't have to know what we're really doing," Carmen sends off a barrage of threatening messages.

I look over to see the messages she is typing.

Dearest Sloan. No pu$$y. No a$$. not free anymore. Sugar Ancient Daddy. I want a mansion in MY name. NO MORE FREE P$$Y. Love, Carmen. P.S> Silvia says Onyx is a stinky old ugly dog, and she wants a fresh new man – hahahahHAAHAHAHA –

"Don't say that," I try to snatch the phone from her.

"NO," she squeals and moves into the corner of the car, smacking the send button, "He deserves it, Silvia!" she pockets her phone, "He deserves it so bad. It's obviously a joke anyway."

I want to be mad, however...

"Can you drive a bit faster??" I beg the driver, looking out the windows and behind.

"They're way behind, don't worry," Carmen waves her hand about. I think she's right, I can't see their silver car anyway. I sink back into the seat. "See? Everything is okay," Carmen kicks up her legs across my lap, staring at my dress, "...oh..."

"What?" I put my hands on my stomach.

"You're starting to show," Carmen says sweetly, "Little puppies."

"It's so weird... but yeah... Lycan puppies," I whisper, wondering if that is a part of the strength flowing through me. And the clear vision. Pregnancy hormones, "Pretty sure they will be born human, though... I hope."

"Mortal born," Carmen nods.

"Yes," I hold my belly and I think of their future.

I never thought about giving birth until now.

Onyx had been distracting me so much with all our sex. Even the pack.

But even now, half a day with fresh air and a few harsh realities were setting in. If I didn't run away, my pups would be given to Phantasy to be raised in hell. I had to get away from the demon energies, to protect my babies. It wasn't just about me anymore.

"I'm right there with you," Carmen says, "I know what you're thinking."

"Can you read my mind?"

"No, but I can read you because we think the same," she shrugs, "Oop – I got a message back," she pulls out her phone and reads.

"Rude?" I guess.

"No, he just says sorry," Carmen shows me the single word.

Sorry.

It sends a shiver right through me.

That is worse than direct insults – because it's a loaded word.

"Sorry could mean anything with demons," I remind her.

Carmen agrees.

"I've been practising some simple witchcraft," she tells me, out of the blue, "I'll make sure they can't find us."

"Sloan really hooked you up to the bad shit, didn't he?"

"I pretended to be stupid for dick, to make sure I got the information I needed – to get revenge," Carmen points to her neck, tracing the scar, "I'm not stupid, Silvia... I'm just cunning. I love his dick yeah, but he hasn't been using me, I've been using him."

"I love you," I murmur, fiddling with the green sequence of my dress, "They're going to find us eventually..."

"When they do. They'll pay for being so mean to us," Carmen promises, "We need to make a statement."

And I think she already had too many ideas on how, her eyes are swirling with ideas.

"So what magic have you been practicing anyway?" I wonder.

"Voodoo," Carmen bites her lip, "Just wait – oh, they'll regret everything, Silvia."

"You're scarier than I thought," I laugh nervously.

Carmen puts her finger to her lips playfully, "I'm also insane, remember?"

"Y-yeah," I laugh, still sunken into my seat, "Oh, gee... this is going to be... interesting..." I am a little worried, I won't lie.

I was excited to escape for a bit. Freedom.

Into the wilderness.

It's just... being hunted down by Onyx didn't sound like the best holiday, rather a probable nightmare.

"Stop stressing," Carmen tries to perk me up as I frown, "If worse comes to worse, we'll buy guns."

Oh, God.

Help us.