"Oh, fuck you. No, it's not about the daylight. It's that I want to be with you, in the daylight, that is the difference... you have a life you've barely even explored, explore it with me – consider it," I tell Onyx straight, finally giving him the plan. I know he will resist. I know he will hate this. But, it wasn't totally terrible either. To just consider his mortal half a little more seriously. When I look back for Carmen – I can't see her anywhere, "Shit. Where the hell did he take her –?"

"Look at me, Silvia," Oswald grabs my attention, "Don't worry about the slut-pup."

He is calm all of a sudden.

Bad, bad sign.

Now I have to pull out the big guns.

"We're not having sex with any of you until you hear out our demands, it's called meeting us half way," I say what I've been too scared to say until now, but I am confident I can resist his allure. I was stronger than my sexual desires... I think... it was just a different type of hellish desire with Onyx, it was insanely overwhelming like a chain.

But I could still tug on a chain.

"Oh, really?" Oswald is beyond amused, trying not to laugh in my face, because he is not taking me seriously. Not even a little bit.

Oh, fuck me.

I see it now, in his red eyes full of disdain – this arrogance is not worthy of a Lycan King, it's ignorance of his partner. Of mortals. Of women. Of me.

It's pretty simple what's happening. He is underestimating me in every single way. I can feel the condescension toward me, and this isn't a sexy kind of domination. This was downright bullshit. He simply didn't believe in me because he chose not to.

For the first time with Onyx, I truly and entirely lose my patience. Something inside me snaps.

"Then it's goodbye then," I tell him coldly and turn on my heel, walking toward the sidewalk instead, "Carmen!" I hope she can hear me – wherever she is –

"Hey, I'm right here," she calls out, and I see her power walking toward me, wiping her lips clean of a blood stain. When I look down the way she had just come, I see Sloan in the shadows of the Cathedral's wall, nursing a bleeding crotch, "I bit his dick," Carmen sighs, and I don't need to explain myself either, "Let's go," she locks her arm in mine, flips her finger at Onyx and we walk off together.

When I look over my shoulder, Oswald is just staring after us, suddenly confused and anxious.

Damn he had cute puppy eyes sometimes.

But that wasn't my problem. He was realising now, while we were taking a stand.

That yeah, we were being dead serious.

He just worked that out? Fucking hell.

I look back at him in disbelief, and his sad eyes suddenly turn evil.

"You have no one out there," Oswald warns me, "You've got no friends in this city."

"Ignore him," I tell that to myself, and to Carmen.

"Taxi!" Carmen pulls out of my hold to grab a hold of one of the cab drivers waiting by the wedding, "Come, come!" she urges me to hurry, and I agree – getting away in a car was a much better idea than walking away. The driver is happy for us to slip into the back, while Carmen pats him on the shoulder, requesting, "Take us to the airport. And turn on some music really loud, please."

When she sits back, she looks mischievous.

"What the hell, Carmen? The airport?" I ask quietly shocked.