XVII. Bruised.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
XVII. Bruised.

JJ's whistle broke the girl next to him out of her deep thought as the pouges cruised through the waters of OBX. "You guys see that?" He asks and motions his head to the sleek new wakesetter approaching past the raggedy HMS Pouge.

"That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, The worlds finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality and performance. 200k, easy." He says as if he's selling the boat passing them.  "Should have named if after me, After all we have those three things in common." He smirks.

"I hate to break it to you JJ, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara informed the blonde who grimaced at the sound of the kooks name.

"Yo, Georgia it's your best friend!" JJ poked fun at the fight that Sarah and Violet had.

As the wakesetter got closer and closer Topper and Sarah came more into view. With Toppers arm around the girls waist it made the couple look sickly.

"Ugh, Vom." Violet commented as Sarah Cameron sent a deathly glare through her sunglasses.

The boat continued past the HMS and Sarah acted like they were the only ones in the harbour. "You don't have to act like you don't see us bitch." Kiara spat loud enough for the blonde girl to hear but her comment fell on deaf ears.

There was no reason for the pouges to be out on the marsh other than to chill and the Marcus girl wanted nothing else than to be chill right now.

She packed the glass bong that had been stolen out of the hands of JJ earlier and filled the bowl with weed.

"I've never met anyone so similar to JJ, I think their soulmates." Pope snickered as he watched the dark haired girl pack the bong. She flickered her gaze to the blonde boy in question only to see he was already looking at her, causing butterflies to attack in her abdomen whether or not she wants admit.

Instead she shook her head. "Fuck no." she mutter under her breath but JJ heard her and scoffed. "You'll say that now but in a few years we'll be married in Australia, just you wait." He humours hinting at her hopes and dreams to on day be able to go on a surf trip around the world once they find the gold.

"You wish. That's never going to happen." She told him and this time she knew it was true, or at least thought it was. JJ Maybank and her were never ever going to have romantic feelings for one another but the girl did appreciate the fact that he wasn't tormenting her ever chance he got nowadays, That definitely didn't go unnoticed.

Finally she stopped talking to focus on lighting the green that sat patiently in the bong with JJ's lighter that Violet now called her own.

She inhaled the smoke that filled the glass, The substance causing her lungs to tighten and she had to take a brief pause to exhale, She placed her palm over the lip of the bong and released the drug ridden smoke into the air around her before finishing off the rest of it.

the bong sat in the girls lap a little after before it was offered up to Kiara who shook her head "I want to keep the signal clear, Somebody with commonsense has to." She teased, Violet nudged her with her elbow in a playful way before handing the vase to the blond boy who willingly took it.

Now the girl was more than grateful that Kiara decided to keep her signal clear because hers was most certainly not.

The twinkie was being driven through figure 8 full of pouges when a familiar hotel came into view. It was the one that Noah had been staying at. there was know what Violet could have known when he was leaving the island or if was still here, one can only hope he's gone.