Ⅴ. Sunburn.

CHAPTER FIVE
. Sunburn.

After hanging out with Kiara and her friends, everyone including myself started to warm up to each other, everyone except JJ.

I've never had a friend group or let alone friends that actually like me, so this feels nice, besides JJ, who now has given up glaring at me and has taken a new approach; Ignoring me.

It was nice being around people who don't always have to be doing something, you just hangout together and enjoy each others company.

Kiara shared her headphones with me and we listened to Marley together as we read separate books, John B and JJ are pulling a large net of baitfish out the water while Pope drives the HMS, John B and JJ talk quietly to each other as they pull up the net and everyone simply just enjoyes each other company, I could get used to this.

I feel the sun begin to burn my back and shoulders, It would have payed to wear sunscreen today.

After a while the blond boy decides to show us his and I quote, his 'party trick'

"Hey, Pope, can you go a little faster?" He asks the dark haired boy who was driving the boat, Pope, John B and Kiara look bored as they probably have to deal with this sort of thing on the daily, But i'm curious on what his 'Party trick' is.

"Here we go, i'm movin'" John B huffs and moves down the boat, "doesn't work" Kiara shakes her head and goes back to her book "we've tried this like 6,000 times" Pope tells JJ but he doesn't care.

"He's showing off because you're here" Kiara whispers to me which makes me scoff out a laugh.

As If! JJ obviously doesn't appreciate my company so why would he be 'showing off'?

I turn my head back to the boy who was inching closer to the edge of the boat "I got this. It's gonna work!" He calls out to his friends as he moves closer to the nose of the boat with a half empty beer bottle in his hand.

With the boy at the nose of the boat, Pope speeds up and JJ tilts his head back and brings the bottle above his lips, causing the contents of the bottle to spray everywhere but JJ's mouth including Kie and my hair. gross.

"You're getting beer in my hair!" Kiara complains loudly, pulling her headphones out of her ear.

"Oh, my god." Pope laughs at JJ but continues to steer the boat. As beer continued to go everywhere the group decided they had enough of JJ's 'party trick' "All right you're done" John B tells him, "JJ, get down." She laughs at him and walks over to him

"all right, stop" Pope calls out but just as he finished the sentence the boat comes to a instant halt, that knocks John B off his feet, Kie tumbles to the floor and lands on her ass, the jolt in the boat causes my head to move forcefully forward like the cracking of a whip, and JJ flies forward from the nose of the boat into the water.

"Jesus, Pope!" Kie groaned as she stood up from landing on John B's leg who stands up to walk over to the nose of the boat where his blond best friend had flown off of "you okay, JJ?" he asked, I went to join John B after I stand up while rubbing the back of my neck.

I look down into the glistening clear water to see JJ, the blond boy lay on his back in the water grunting in pain, "i think my heels touched the back of my head" he exaggerated,

"Kie, you okay?" John B asked her while she sat up brushing the dirt of the back of her shorts "i'm all right" she reassured him with a smile, "Vi, you good?" The same girl asked me, still rubbing my neck.