Ⅻ. Never listen to JJ.

CHAPTER TWELVE
. Never listen to JJ.

When JJ finally decides to calm down the group and I take out the HMS to investigate the wreck in the marsh.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara stresses while looking at the amount of air in the tanks. "Okay, This one's a quarter full." She sighs. Obviously stressed that the plan is falling apart.

"It's enough for one of us." Kie thinks aloud. "Love it when a plan comes together." I breath with my arms crossed over my chest. Kiara ignores my comment and gets back on track. "Does anyone know how to dive?" She asks.

"I've read about it." The Heyward boy puts his hand up. "Great, Pope read about it, So someone's gonna die." She grumps "Look, You put the thing in your mouth and you breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ butts in.

"I'm sure you put a lot of things in your mouth, Playboy. Why don't you do it?" I spit at the blond boy who squints his eyes at me.

"Not nearly as much as you probably have." He quips back at me, Shutting me up and putting me back in my place.

"Ooooookay then. If you come up too fast. nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Pope changes the topic back to something he can nerd about but even I knew that. It's general knowledge.

"Bends like, bend over and..." JJ trails off and I interrupt him. "Hah! You wish. The bends kill you." I say bluntly. "Only one can only hope." I whisper to myself.

After a moment of silence I speak again. "I can dive." I decide even though I know I can't. "You can dive?Yeah I'm cool with her diving." JJ says. "Of course you are." I spit and squint my eyes at him.

"Since when can you dive?" Kie asks, getting back on track. "I used to go scuba diving with a straw in a bathtub as a kid." I claim, it's the best we've got.

I hear JJ snickering behind me "What?" I turn around and ask him. "You're so weird." He tells me. I ignore him.

"I'll do it. It's fine." I smile after turning my back on the blond boy. "Yeah, No you're not" Kiara huffs before turning to the others "Anyone else?" She asks looking around.

"Hey! I have an idea. Why don't we tie the anchor to Violet! That'll get her to the bottom lickety-split." JJ sarcastically spits at me.

"JJ!" Kiara yells at him, slapping him with the back of her hand.

"At least I can get to the bottom! You're heads so big it can be used a a flotation device." I shoot right back.

JJ brings his hand to his heart as if I could ever hurt him. "Ouch, angel! Words hurt."

"Whatever."

After a brief moment of awkward silence John B volunteers. "I'll do it." He sighs, Taking the gear out of Kie's hands. "You sure?" She questioned. "Yeah. How hard can it be?"

"Let me do some calculations real quick. That boat's about 30 feet down. So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet. All right? For two minutes." Pope explains to John B who is hardly listening and more focused on Kiara pulling off her top and jumping into the water.

The splash of the water distracts us all "What was that all about?" Pope asks for anyone to answer "I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." JJ mutters out-loud before realising that I am probably going to tell her what he said. Once JJ realises his face goes red "Uh, so..." He clears his throat, trying to change the subject.