Chapter 25

I shake away the strange encounter with the old lady and make my way to a candy stall.

I fill a whole paper bag with the delicious delights.

Sweets of all shapes and colours were piled on the stands.

I eat half the pack and put the rest in my bag before i get diabetes.

As the sun starts to set i make my way back to the car , the sun blossoming red and gold streaks in the sky makes me smile.

The view of the sunset on the snow covered
town was easily the most beautiful thing i'd ever seen.

The driver takes me back to the palace doors and i roll my eyes as i remember the prince is sending me a task tonight.

I go into my rooms and as i'm taking my earrings out i spot the letter left for me at my bedside table.

Dearest Elide ,

Your duty to Yorthendon tonight involves a trip to the castle stables , i recommend that you wear clothes you don't mind spoiling , as you will be cleaning horse stalls , more specifically collecting the animal terd and replacing hay , i hope you enjoy & gain some new skills from this valuable experience.

Kindest regards
Alexios

I ripped the letter in half.

I hate him.

I put on some blue jeans and a grey hoodie and leave on my combat boots.I tie my hair in a pony tail , pouting , this is the last time i won't stink of shit for a while.

I make my way down to the royal stables to find a guard holding up some cleaning equipment for me and a poorly hidden amused expression expression.

I glare at him and snatch the shovels from his hands as i make my way into the first stall.

After a good half an hour i made my way through 3 stalls.

I was covered in horse poop and hay and jumped every time a horse neighed.

I am a city girl ok? I didn't grow up cleaning horse shit.

I growl and glare as a horse gets a little too close for my liking and i hear my least favourite noise from behind me.

Alexios laughs.

"What are you doing here?"I grit out

"I had to make sure you came down to do your duty , butttt i shouldn't have doubted my loyal subject" He said putting a hand to his heart with a smile.

I roll my eyes and ignore him , i didn't want to ruin my perfectly good day any further , even though i was shovelling horse shit.

"So about the other night...." He starts

"What night?"

"You know"He rolls his eyes "When you were absolutely shameless and couldn't contain yourself and forcibly dragged me and locked us in my bedroom?"

"That sounds inappropriate" i tell him , still shovelling.

He sighs "I am sure it would have been if it wasn't for you running away after interrupting a killer whilst he was strangling his victim"

"Your point?"

"Matthew is suspicious"

"What a great observation!"

"I want you to tell me everything you know about what he's up too"

"If you wanted my help you shouldn't have made me clean horse shit"