Chapter 6

I woke up to the golden sunlight pouring out of my huge window.

My room defiantly looked better illuminated that in darkness.

I get up and draw open my sky blue curtains apart and they run through my hands like silk.I look out at the breathtaking view.

A blanket of snow is covering the hills and grounds as far as i can see.

The only cleared area is the gardens which have been sweeped of snow and ice.

I turn to the bathroom and I run my self a warm bath and indulge in the luxury soaps and bath creams left for me.

I'll bet they're organic too.

I go to the bathroom and put on my clothes for the day,instead of my old clothes, i open my armoire and select one of the gowns made for me.

A long  short sleeved velvet black dress that tightly hugged my figure.

I smile as i dry my hair and imagine what my dad would say if he saw me wearing a dress with this much cleavage.

i brush my hair and put on a lick of perfume and mascara and make my way to my nightstand.

i find a silver jewellery box decorated with small emeralds.

I hadn't noticed that last night so i pop it open.

I find an array of Jewels,necklaces,rings and bracelets waiting for me.

Silver and bronze of each type of jewellery and every piece was adorned with emeralds , rubies diamonds or sapphires.

But no Gold,like the queen mentioned.

I am yet to give my ring to Jeremiah so i place it in my drawer for later.

The reality of where i am hits me.

I am staying at the household of the richest royal family in the world,i wouldn't be surprised if they let me keep all this after i leave.

A silver amulet with a chunky sapphire at the end catches my eye.

I smile as it reminds me of the mythical amulet of Orynth from my favorite book series.

I clasp it on and i also take a bangle with pretty engravings.

I was going to have so much fun these next few months,rat heads or not.

i look to the side and grab the schedule Princess Leyla handed to me last night.

I was to have 6 forms of lessons.

History of international relations and politics as well as Lessons of etiquette at the eastern tower.

General knowledge and the art of legal arguments at the western wing.

Physical combat lessons in the court yard.

Strategy and warfare lessons at the northern tower.

I will also be attending the political court occasionally to oversee the process.

Excited is an understatement.

After these 6 months i will probably be the most highly employable 18 year old ever.

Since i arrived on yesterday on a Friday lessons won't start until after tomorrow on Monday so i decide to take the opportunity to map my surroundings and walk through the castle in daylight.

I also needed to go tell Jeremiah about the guy from last night.

Seriously,rats head aside , he's some sort of guard i assume from his uniform,so what on earth was he doing in the palace kitchens at 1 am in the morning ?