Chapter 12

The next day i wake up shivering.

Not from the cold but because of the Adrenaline.

So much happened last night that my London seems like a lifetime away.

It was weirdly comforting to feel something after being so bored and unstimulated these past few years.

Today i was to have lunch with Princess Alana in her rooms.

But until then i had the whole morning to my self.

I get up and get changed , and then call for the servant who dropped off my breakfast to get me Jeremiah.

Upon his arrival i gave him the list i made last night of all the things i needed.

Candles
Matches
A new cloak
Heavy duty rope
A deck of cards
Dagger
Paper
Paint and paint brushes
Whistle
Map of Dolnis
Map of Medrania

He frowns "Is there something i should know about Elide?"

"Not at all , i need candles to get around the castle at night , my old cloak got ruined , and the rest of the stuff i'll need for my classes"

"A dagger?" he said skeptically.

"To cut the rope"I explain.

"Well all right" He said not sounding convinced but too tired to argue "But any blade above three inches is prohibited within castle grounds , only guards carry swords"

"Jeremiah"I dramatically exclaimed.

"You offend me , i'm a lady for gods sake keep this three inch sword talk away from my innocent ears!"

He mutters something under his breath as he quickly excuses himself and i laugh.

He's funny sometimes.

He returns half an hour later with a bag filled with all the items on the list.

He takes away my empty breakfast cart with him as he leaves.

Perfect.

I now have the basics i need for my stay at the castle, if the past two nights were any indicator of what awaits me.

I put on my cloak and leave my room in search for the library.

After 40 minutes of hopelessly wondering around i realise i haven't even covered half the palace grounds and look for the nearest bench.

I sit down , disheartened , why has no one given me a tour of this place yet?

Then i remember Victoria said she had rooms at the palace.

I go to the closest servant and ask if she's heard of a Victoria Jones.

She nods and then gives me a brief set of instructions i try to memorise.

I go up the right stairs of the foyer and choose the third corridor and take the second set of stairs i come across down to the courtyard.

I am about to cross the grounds when i hear grunting noises.

I look to the courtyard and see a bunch of men all dressed in black combat trousers and boots and black t shirts.