Chapter 24

My relief didn't last long.

At the dungeon doors i am met with a prince.

I stiffen , how long had he been there?

Could he have heard?

"Fancy seeing you here"I say

"I am the one with criminal friends but you on the other hand......"He raises his dark brows.

I walk past him but he grabs me by the wrist.

"I was wondering how long you were going to let them rot in there"He whispered in my ears

"What?"I whimpered.

He grinned "My bet was 2 weeks , i should have known you're too kind"

"What are you talking about?"

At my horrified expression his grin widens and he explains

"You think i didn't know that you framed them?You must think so little of my intelligence Elide"

Seeing no point in denying it any more i walk ahead and he follows.

"How did you know?"I ask

"I wasn't sure but this just confirmed my suspicions"He says looking proud of himself.

I glare at him and he starts to explain

"I do not trust Jadiel by any means but he is not foolish enough to commit treason and leave any evidence behind , and besides not one of them have a reason to rob me"He said with a pointed look at me that screamed unlike you.

"Especially Lady Willow" he adds with a cocky smile

"she's pretty satisfied with the country as it is and it's future king"

I snort "I doubt the rest of your Kingdom felt the same way"

He scoffs "Keep telling your self that , but not everyone is as delusional as you are"

"So i ask my self"He continues "So who hates us enough to do such a thing?The list was pretty long if i am being honest but i managed to narrow it down to you"He said with a shrug

I ask him "If you knew they were innocent and i had done this why hadn't you done anything"

He's silent for a moment before he gives me a sideways glance and says

"Because they deserved it"

"What?"

"I'm not saying you were in the right ,not at all , but if that was me i would have done the same, we hurt you , you hurt us back"He pauses and gives me a weird look then says

"Fought like a true Medranian Elide"

I am so shocked by his words that i forget to reply.He let me off due to respect?

He looks down at my clothes :brown leather riding trousers and white top and black boots , all underneath an opened black cloak.

I had braided my hair in one long brown braid today and taken out two strands at the front, it was a hairstyle i'd used to wear everyday back home because my mother insisted it brought out my cheeks.

No doubt the lack of food and anxiety from this week had hollowed them out.

"Going somewhere?"He asked when he stopped his staring.

"Yes , care to join me?"I ask sarcastically.

His gaze darkens for a moment before he says

"No thanks , especially if your buddy Conner is coming , an afternoon with two despicable people doesn't sound very appealing to me"