Chapter 18

Victoria gasps as she takes in the blue gooey miss all over her dress.

"Oh my god i am so sorry" I say to her.

"No don't worry about it Elide"She says with a laugh.

"No it's not let me help you"

"I am fine , go to your rooms Elide i don't think your body reacted well to the alcohol , i'll go clean my self up in the bathroom"

"But my plan ?"

"Hey" she said holding my hand "It will happen with or without you there to see it , go to your room"

I open my mouth to protest but notice the other courtiers in the benches looking at me in disgust and i hear Lady Willows laughter from the Opera box.

"I am so sorry Victoria"

"Please shut up Elide it is hardly your fault , look there's Jeremiah go to him he will take you away"

I feel drowsy and my knees are shaking but i 'get up from the benches and walk towards Jeremiah.

He takes one look at me and sighs before putting an arm through mine and making his way out of the court.

We walk for a couple of minutes in silence  , at one point i think he might have said something but i was too busy thinking about my bed to register it.

It's 4 pm why was i sleepy?

Then , Jadiel comes up and says to Jeremiah

"Give her to me"

"Apologies Lord Jadiel but-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion you slaving low-life , i received direct orders from the prince, give her to me"

I look at Jeremiah pleadingly and he gives me a look with such deep sorrow in his eyes , that i almost forget to resent him for betraying me.

I try use my aching limbs to kick and struggle against Jadiel but it's no use.

I curse my self for leaving my dagger at my room.

After stopping my attempts to kick him his grip on me loosens and he starts walking down a path i didn't recognise.

I use the opportunity to break out into a run but i'm met by a stone wall.

i realise it wasn't a wall after all but the rock  hard chest of the prince.I look up at his face for a moment but my eyes are drooping and my breath is slowing down and to my delight i throw up all over again.

On the crown prince.

Drool was running down my nose and mouth and my dress was covered in sick,i was glad to disappoint him in every way.

He grabs me by the wrists and then slaps both my cheeks with his surprisingly soft hands , jerking me awake.

I look into his eyes and see annoyance but also unrest , like he wasn't quite sure what he was doing.

I feel tears swell down my cheeks.
I was such a fool to think i'd have a chance against them.

This is their land , they're royalty and have the resources of the world at their fingertips.

I am just a girl.

i hope whatever they were going to do to me would be swift.

Jadiel catches up to me again and held my arm so firmly i could feel it bruise.

I look to the prince and ask "Why am i all hazy?"

He looks at me and then says "One would have thought getting drugged once would bring your guard up,I guess not" sounding genuinely disappointed.

It seems like we finally reach our destination as Jadiel opens up a door and pushes me in.

I look around to find i am actually outside.

I was at the top of one of the palace towers.

I see Lysander gazing distantly into the sky and Milo waiting for us at the door.

Something was different.It wasn't like the things they'd done before.Everyone but Jadiel looked.......guilty.

Jadiel picks me up by the neck,digging his nails into it , and he brings his mouth down to my ears.

"At first this wasn't personal , Elide , but because of you that my sister lost her position at court , so i want you to know that i'll be enjoying every goddamn second of this , every scream you let out , i'll savour and remember it the rest of my days"

He then fists me up by the hair and drags me to the edge of the tower.I struggle against his firm grip but the scream and stop after he tugs my head so hard he rips of a couple of strands of hair.

I look to Lysander and Milo who abruptly stood up.

"Jadiel you can't be serious"said Milo.

"You're torturing her"Said Lysander , his eyes cold with fury whilst moving towards me.

"Are you going to stop me?"Jadiel asked looking offended "Isn't this what we agreed upon?"

"No,are you crazy?"asked Milo shaking his head turning to the prince "I never signed up to killing anybody!"

"Like i asked.Will.You.Stop.Me.?"Jadiel repeated pushing my body closer to the edge of the tower.

Lysander moves towards Jadiel and reaches for my hand.

"No he won't stop you, but i will" said the prince suddenly drawing out his sword.

Jadiel freezes and looks as if his world had fallen apart as he lets go of my hair "I don't understand Alex"

"You said you had this covered"Replied the prince "you needed me to take care of Lilian but you planned the rest"

"I didn't think you would resort to murder you coward."the prince spat.

Jadiel's face paled.
But the prince went on.

"I declare you Jadiel Montalli banished from court for the foreseeable future , for the violation of the values and morals that dictate Medranian rule"

"I am doing this for Medrania Alex"Pleaded Jadiel.

"An honourable man worthy of serving the kingdom wouldn't retort to murder to get rid of a woman Jadiel ,m,but you did, my decision on this is final, you have until tommorow to leave Yorthendon" the prince said coldly turning his back from us and walking towards the door.

But before he could swing it open a swarm of guards rushed in with their swords drawn out and Lady Willow crying and detained in their arms.

The prince's cruel expression was replaced by one of alarm as he went to who i presumed was the general and said

"Lynn , report to me"

The general cleared his throat and said "By decree 27 of the Medranian code of conduct Lord Milo , Lord Lysander , Lord Jadiel , you are all under arrest with a charge of treason , you have the right to remain silent , everything you say can and will be used against you in court"

Silence erupts the tower , broken only by the stifled sobs of Lady Willow.

After seeing their faces fall , i make sure to look each one of them in the eye and then i say one last thing before i collapse to the ground.

"I hope you all rot in hell"