"Nita?" Leo raised his brows. "Nonna will love hearing about this."

"I'm not waking up until one pm tomorrow," I stated.

Leo shook his head and handed me my purse, "You almost forgot this in the club."

"Thank you," I breathed and was more than grateful to have Leo at my side all night. "What will I do without you?"

Leo remained quiet for a moment before he flicked my nose, "That sounds like a Mila problem." He stretched his arms and yawned, "now if you'll excuse me, I'm beat. Night, Mils."

I smiled and leaned forward to hug him but he took a step back. "You reek of booze."

I felt a little offended and it must've shown on my face because Leo's teasing grin dropped, he stepped forward and wrapped a single arm around me. "Kidding," he chuckled and pulled me closer. "Get some rest, you're going to feel like ass in the morning."

"Thanks for the reminder," I bitterly muttered. "Night, Leonardo."

Leo pulled a face at the name I referred to him as and was about to walk down the hall to the guestroom downstairs but stopped midway. "I know it's late but call him, you were miserable all night."

"Huh?" I frowned.

"Mitch," Leo clarified. "You don't have to use words for me to understand that you missed him like crazy tonight."

"I didn't," I scoffed, and when Leo shot me a knowing look I sheepishly stared back. "Okay... maybe a little."

"Yeah, I figured when you checked your phone every five minutes," Leo said and tapped my arm. "Goodnight, Mila."

I half grinned and watched Leo stroll down the hall until he took a turn and was no longer in sight before I removed my other shoe and made my way upstairs.

After my night regime, I stood in my walk-in closet in search of pajamas but ended up grabbing Mitchell's t-shirt off the top shelf. I brought it to my nose and deeply inhaled, I pulled it away and frowned at the black t-shirt as if it was foreign before I brought it to my nose again.

"No, no, no," I cursed under my breath and inhaled again. Mitchell's scent was completely gone and replaced with the smell of fabric softener and a slight hint of my daily perfume. In a rush to leave in the morning, I must've dropped the t-shirt in my laundry hamper.

"Joder!" I cursed and felt way more emotional than I should've - I blamed the alcohol. I was beyond disappointed and upset but still put on his shirt and got into bed.

I cuddled a pillow and lifted the neckline of the shirt to smell again but was left even more upset when it smelled more like me than Mitchell. The asshole made me mad by snapping at me for no reason but I still missed him like crazy. I spent most of the night recalling all the times we went clubbing together and drowned my sorrows with alcohol until Leo thought I'd had enough.

"Hijo de puta!" I cursed under my breath as I turned on my side. "I hate how much I miss you."

It was almost four am and I hadn't heard a single word from him since I hung up after he cursed and raised his voice at me for no reason. I understood that sometimes I went overboard with teasing him but he should've been used to it by now, or calmly explained that his mood was off.

Mitchell mentioned how stressful his first week back at work was so I wondered if he had a bad day and I pushed his buttons a little too much. However, it still wasn't a reason for him to get so mad at me.

I snuggled my head against the pillow and tried to sleep but kept thinking of the cabrón with blue-gray eyes which made me miss him even more. Distance proved to be getting more and more difficult with each day and it felt worse when we argued or fought because I felt so helpless.