Us

Jungkook turned and rested his back against the door of Sylvie's room, he slid down and sat on the floor knowing Jimin was doing the same on the other side. 

"Min, please. I didn't sleep with him. I swear it. I was jealous after you told me you had a date. I was hurt, I was angry, I was upset. He asked me to dinner at work and I said yes. I went over there, we ate dinner, we had a few beers, we played video games, and he kissed me. I didn't kiss him back at first, I told him I was in love with you and I told him our story, he understood" Jungkook paused and took a breath waiting for Jimin to say something 

"I told him everything about you. And everything you've done for me, and how I wasn't ready to give up on us. I was crying and an absolute mess. He told me I had to try and get over you. When he kissed me again, I kissed him back. No tongue, no touches, nothing but lips on lips and it was so awkward. In my heart and in my chest everything was you. I knew it wasn't right so I pulled away. I don't know why he kissed me tonight when I opened the door. I crashed on his couch last night because I had drank too many beers to ride my bike home" 

"He tried to get me to sleep in his bed. He did, I won't lie about anything. You know I'm not a liar. I'm a lot of things Jimin, even some despicable things, you can call me every name in the book but I'm not a liar, a thief, or a cheater. I could never, and kissing him felt too much like cheating"

"Tonight was the best I've felt in months" at this point he had tears slipping down his face "I missed you so much even though we see each other regularly. I love you, I'm still in love with you. I only want to be with you and I'd never do anything to jeopardize that ever again. You said being with me would take time and I understand that, just please please still give me that chance. I'm telling you the truth and I need to believe me" 

It was silent for a while, Jungkook wasn't sure what to do, he'd told the truth. That's all he could do. 

He almost fell backwards when Jimin opened the door, he looked up and watched Jimin wipe his face "it was just a date?"

"Just a date, I swear" he rushed to stand up and face Jimin 

"I can't, I can't get mad at you for going on a date. I was going to go on one with Yoongi, I only didn't because of you. I'd be a hypocrite if I stayed mad at you over this" 

"I don't blame you for being angry anyway though. You're allowed to feel however you feel" 

"I know, but I'd feel worse" Jimin wiped his face again and sighed "why is everything so complicated?" 

"Because we're us, and we're complicated people" Jungkook joked to lighten the mood, Jimin smiled and nodded his head 

"Thank you for telling me everything. I do feel better"

"Thank you for listening" he stepped closer to Jimin and extended his good hand to intertwine his fingers with Jimin's "does this mean I still get my second chance? I know it's going to take time, but, I still have that right? I have, you?"

"I never actually left though, did I?"

"Not really, but I need you to tell me"

"Yes, I'm still willing to try" 

Jungkook smiled and pecked Jimins lips "if I could, I'd carry you back to my room"

"Let's go" Jimin giggled, he felt like a weight had been lifted off of his chest. They're not together, not yet, but they made a promise to try. 

He wishes they could go back to what they were before, but for now this will do. They laid down in Jungkook's bed together, Jimin curled up against him and rested his head on his chest "I missed this"

"Me too" Jungkook nodded as he pulled up the blankets and covered them "You're my everything Jimin. I can't lose you again"

"I love you Jungkook, let's get some sleep" he yawned and closed his eyes 

Jungkook felt Jimin's breathing even out and smiled. He's going to be better, he's going to try harder, he'll prove to Jimin that he can be the prince charming Jimin needs and always wanted. He can be the father Arya deserves and needs, as well as the man Jimin deserves and needs. It's a lot of pressure, but for both of his loves he can do it. He just knows he can. 

He just needs to figure out how. 

Jimin woke up to Arya crying, he untangled himself from Jungkook's sleeping form and went to the nursery to pick her up, change her diaper, and carried her to the kitchen to get her a bottle, instead of taking her back to the nursery, he carried her to Jungkook's room where Jungkook was wiping the sleep from his eyes 

"What time is it?"

"Three in the morning" Jimin answered as he climbed up into the bed and laid Arya between them, they laid on their sides on either side of her and smiled as she drank her bottle down and fell asleep in the comfort of her dad's bed with both of her dad's for the first time since she was born. She's slept next to Jungkook, and she's slept next to Jimin, but sleeping between both of her dad's was something she's always deserved and what they could finally give her. 

Comfort and safety. 

Jungkook kissed his sleeping daughter's cheek and whispered his love for her as he closed his eyes, Jimin smiled and did the same before reaching for Jungkook's hand and intertwining their fingers before he fell asleep. 

Hopefully things will stay this way.