Operation graveyard

Start from the beginning

I had to clench my fist to stop myself from grabbing her. I didn't know what she expected me to say. Did she want me to tell her that it was okay, that I understood why she did what she did?

"I knew it was wrong, but I just wanted what you had." She continued.

"Spare me your explanation." I spat. "I don't want to have to think about my husband f**king my twin sister."

I walked away, leaving her there. With my family and with my husband. I hated her, but Killian would need her if I didn't make it back alive.

*****

It's all going to be over soon. I'm doing this so that my family will finally be safe.

I kept chanting those words in my head, trying to convince myself that I was doing the right thing, but I was having a hard time believing my own words.

I knew that Killian would be mad when he found out what I had done, but his judgment was very clouded when it came to me. He would never do what needed to be done.

"I'm not going to be far behind you, Lilly. It's a quick in and out, we just need her to follow you."

I nodded my head at Mik. We were both taking a risk. A risk that could potentially damage his relationship with Killian. When I first approached him about what I planned to do, he was against it, but I had managed to convince him that it was our only option. He agreed, but only if I followed his plan.

"I've got this Mik, don't look so worried."

He ran his hand through his hair and release a sigh. "Easy for you to say. If this doesn't go well, Killian will kill me."

I wanted to tell him that he was wrong, but I wasn't confident with that reply. Either way, it was a risk that we were both willing to take to protect our families from the people trying to harm them.

"And we're sure that this is where she hangs out," I asked as I strapped the blade inside my boots.

"Yes, our intel finally came through. Our informant says that she spends most of her time here. When she's not with her daughter, she's here with him."

I couldn't believe that Kinsley had a daughter. But what was more shocking was hearing that Jason was dead. I still hadn't retrieved all of my memory of them, but I had enough to know that they were a big part of my life once.

I wanted to know what happened to her to make her become that way. I also wanted to know how Jason died, and why she thought that it was Killian's fault. When I asked Killian about it, he claimed that he hadn't seen Kinsley in years. The last time he saw her, was when she told him she was pregnant. So, why was she blaming him for Jason's death?

"Time to go pay Jason a visit."

Mik nodded at me. He looked unsure but determine at the same time. We were parked just outside the cemetery. Far away that we wouldn't be seen by anyone passing by, but close enough if we needed to escape quickly.

"Be careful, Lilly. Don't do anything stupid and for god's sake, don't get hurt."

I heard the frustration in his voice. He was worried that I'd go off script and do things my own way. That wasn't my plan, but if it came down to it, I was going to do what needed to be done.

"I'll be fine, Mik, don't worry."

I didn't wait for him to reply. I exited the car and walked to Jason's grave. It was very easy to locate. It was the only one that was well kept.

As I stood there, memories of us together filled my head. I had loved him once, and he had loved me. At one point, I was convinced that he was going to be the one I spent the rest of my life with, but fate had other plans for me. He was my first love, but Killian was my true love.

I placed the flowers down. Crouching to touch his tombstone. His Picture was engraved on it. I smiled, remembering how beautiful he was. He would light up any room he walked into.

"Hi Jason, sorry it took me so long to come see you. I lost my memory for a bit, it's all good now. I hope you're not mad."

Tears trickled down my face and I wiped them away. It felt good crying. A part of me had started to believe that I had become void of emotions because when I thought about what I had planned to do to Kinsley, I felt nothing. She was my best friend for years, but still, I could easily think of killing her.

"So much has happened, Jason. I don't even know where to start."

I sat on the grass and crossed my legs. Settling in to have a comfortable conversation with him.

"I heard you're a dad. I've never seen your daughter, but I'm guessing that she's beautiful and smart, just like you were."

I sighed, feeling regret for all the lost time between us. We had allowed ourselves to drift apart. But it was my fault, I should have kept in contact with him the way I had with Kinsley and Jessy. Maybe, none of this would have happened.

"I'm so sorry Jason. I never really told you that. I never really apologised for what I did to you. For hurting you. I know it's too late now, but I hope that you can forgive me. I really did love you. For the two years that we spent together, I really did love you. But we just weren't meant to be. I found my destiny and so did you. I just wish things hadn't turned out this way."

It was too late for regrets, but I couldn't help feeling like I could have handled things better.

"Heads up, Sis. She's on her way in."

I had forgotten that I had my comms in my ears. I had even momentarily forgotten that I was there to do a job. Standing in front of Jason's grave made me lose confidence in what I'd planned to do. He loved Kinsley, and I was planning to kill her.

But she was planning to do the same to you.

The thought slipped into my head, solidifying my composure just a bit. I still felt guilty, but not that much that I'd let her go scot-free. She needed to pay for what she did to me and my family.

I stood, wiping the tears from my eyes, composing myself as best as I could. I didn't want to show any kind of weakness in front of her.

"Is she alone?"

I wanted to make sure that she wasn't with her daughter. If it came down to it and she tried anything, I didn't want her daughter to get hurt.

"Yeah, and that is what's bothering me. She knows that Killian is hunting her. Why would she travel without an escort? Unless... Shit! Lilly, get out of there, it's a trap!"

His warning wasn't even fully out of his mouth when I saw men approaching me from everywhere. Shit! I was outnumbered. We had been set up. She knew that I was coming, and she planned for it.

"Hello, Lilly. Sucks to see you alive, but you won't be for long."