Part 17 (The Two Brocken Heart Pieces)

I cuddled the baby that was laying next to me cooing at Alexander. He looked exactly like his father: brown eyes, brown eyes. I rocked him in my arms, and handed a letter to the servants to post, "Alessandro please!"

Suddenly, in my mid turn, someone held my hand, and yanked me towards their chest. I automatically put my hands across my baby's head, and tried getting out of their grasp, shouting, "what do you think you're doing?" They didn't let me go, "by a Queen's command, let me go!" I hit their private place making them release me, "guards! Guards arrest this imbecile!" One of the guards protested, "Ma'am, how can we arrest the King!"

"What?" I gasped. "Miss me?" Alessandro called out cockily. "What are you doing here?" I covered Alexander's little body with my arms, cuddling him. "Can't I come to see my child?"

"No," I replied, acting brave, acting being the keyword, "not after what you did for Leo to me!" I exclaimed.

Alessandro sighed, "Sof," he came forward to touch me, making me flinch away, "that was... it was a misunderstanding, and what you heard was a mistake!"

"We were a mistake: we'll see about that later. Guards arrest him!" I said, never breaking eye contact with Alessandro.

~Skip to the night~

Finally, when I had the courage to speak to my prisoners, I walked towards the dungeon. I placed myself directly between the two cells in which Alessandro and Leo were thrown in, and waited for silence before I clicked the tape, "this is Queen Sofia Alessandro, with my two prisoners: Leonardo and Alessandro. They are prisoners for plotting," I sighed and closed my eyes, before opening them, with tears. This was hard to say, and I didn't want to continue: all I wanted to do was free both of them, and make us a perfect family, that we never could be. I repeated, finding my courage again, "the prisoners were plotting a murder against the Queen." I turned my head to the both of them, and looked at them, "you both will be asked questions by me, and only the person I have asked will answer, and NO ONE ELSE! Got it?" They both nodded vigorously, before I could continue, "first of all, Leo, why make the plan? You wouldn't get the throne if you wanted it- it would go to Caleb. So why?"

He looked down before replying, "you're still young. You're only 20, and you get crowned at the age of 23!" I nodded before looking at Alessandro. His eyes showed guilt and sadness, and mine were reflecting the same emotions. The only man I have loved and will ever love, my baby's father tried to kill me. Before I could ask him, Alessandro's parents came barging through. "Mummy, suocero (father-in-law) what are you doing here?"

"Sofia," they both said in unison, "my son would never even plan to commit murder!"

"Are you sure about that?" I said in a serious tone, playing the voice recording of Alessandro and Leonardo talking. They both gasped, and looked at Alessandro, who stood there looking down at his feet. I scoffed looking at Alessandro, shaking my head slightly. "Sofia," he spoke finally, "let me explain please? I need to talk to you. Without other people present."

"How can I trust you anymore Alessandro?" I replied fighting back the tears, "I can't. Not anymore at least." I whispered, "and never again!"