Part 15 (Partly mended!)

Alessandro and I have been having fights for a couple of days, and now, it was a part of my routine. Memories of yesterday night came flashing back to me like a storm.

"Why won't you drop that manner?" Alessandro shouted at me, "I've already told you ten thousand times haven't I? We were never in a relationship! The end!"

"Oh really?" I asked shouting back at him with sarcasm in my voice, "then explain to me why one of the guards took a picture of you kissing another girl!" Tears pooled in my eyes, as I pushed the picture in his face. He dropped the phone from my hand onto the bed, his voice calmer now, "look Sofia, I can only explain my point a few times, and if the person I'm explaining to doesn't want to listen, then so be it." I scoffed, "as if you are explaining your point! You're clearly kissing her back Alessandro, so stop lying to me on my face!"

"Stop Sofia! I've just about had it with you and your stupid childish behaviors!"  He shouted back at me again. I wanted to cower from his voice, and whimper, and maybe I did whimper a few times along our fights in the beginning, but now, now this was our daily routine that I was used to. I scoffed again rolling my eyes at him, "then leave! I dare you to leave me right now, and never come back for me and this child!" Momentarily, he was shocked, maybe he didn't want to leave me after all, but I didn't want any fairytales anymore. He turned around from his heel, and stomped towards the door. Once he was gone, I fell down to cry along the bedside, while holding my tiny bump. It hurt. Both of them hurt. The screaming at my husband, and getting screamed back at, and the baby's heart, begging us to stop fighting.

I waited for him to return that night, but no signs signaled to me that he was going to come back. He must have slept in the spare bedrooms, or his study. Either way, I missed his body next to mine. I missed all the peaceful nights I had with him. I missed every single chat we had. I missed the way I got extra warmth when he hugged me in the night. I I missed all the days I had him with me. I missed him. I walked looking for him in every room, but he was no where to be found, until I found a voice behind me whispering coldly into my ear in the garden, "what are you doing right now this late? Its dangerous." I let out my breath that I was holding in, and turned around to hug him. "I'm sorry!" I cried into his shirt. He picked me up bridal style, before locking our bedroom door, softly placing me onto the bed. He pulled me in a hug again, and whispered into my forehead, "I'm sorry too!" He kissed me in between my eyes. "No," I shook my head violently, "I should never have doubted you to begin with!" I looked down at the ground ashamed at myself. "Sofia, you were only checking to make sure, and it is my fault to begin with. I should have pushed the girl off, when she first tried kissing me. I should be the one who should be ashamed, not you!" I grinned at him, "it is your fault to begin with, I agree!" He smiled along me, "come one, let's go to sleep," he paused as I got ready to sleep on the coach, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back down on the bed, "together!"