Part 12 (Confession)

'Don't show him your face, until you both are alone in his room, and when he picks your veil from your face, don't abruptly look him in the eye. Raise your gaze slowly, and elegantly.' Emilia told me it was tradition, and a sign of loyalty shown towards the husband. I was sitting on my legs, taking in the beautiful bedroom, through the veil, when my eyes looked at the clock that read 2:15, and I instantly knew, that he wasn't going to step a foot in this bedroom anytime soon.

The Bedroom:

It was simple, but beautiful, and who says simple and luxurious don't come in one package? Slowly, without meaning to, the darkness engulfed me

"Sofia! Sofia!" I heard Emilia screaming my name, "wake up!" I didn't want to. What was the point of waking up, when your husband wouldn't even be there? Suddenly, I heard a deep male's voice, "all of you leave! I'll wake her up!" There wasn't any playfulness, or amusement in his voice, but instead, there was annoyance, and anger. I heard the doors shut, and in a matter of time, I was kissed on the forehead, and the male's voice softened, "get up Sof! I now you are awake!" This time, I was kissed on my nose. For some unknown reason, I smiled, and opened my eyes, to meet the beautiful hazel eyes I love so much. He gave me a light smile. In return, I lowered my gaze, as he removed my veil. I raised my eyes, just as Emilia told me to, and when we both were face to face, he kissed me. It wasn't rough, but soft and passionate. 

"You weren't even with me for 24 hours, and I have already messed up, haven't I?" He asked caressing my cheek with his thumb gently. I leaned into him slightly and closed my eyes before smiling up at him and shaking my head no. "That's what I love most about you. You're so loving, and beautiful, and I don't deserve you." Why was he saying this? It was was my turn to comfort him, "no... you haven't messed anything up, and I'm the one who doesn't deserve you! You are the one who has always been there for me! You're the one who stayed by me this whole time Alessandro! When I was annoyed at you, because I couldn't marry you, you were gentle with me. You are everything a women could have wanted in her life, and I wouldn't give you up for anything in the world!" Tears dropped down from my eyes. I wasn't crying because I thought Alessandro was a terrible person. I wasn't crying because I thought that this marriage was forced. I was crying, because I truly did love Alessandro, and he deserved to know that. "Ales..." I whispered to him, resting my forehead on his, "I...I..."

"What is it?" He asked. Concern in his voice.

"I..." I swallowed the lump in my throat, "I think I love you!" I blurted out. He blinked a few times before processing what I had said. "I love you too Sofia!"