Part 11 (The Wedding)

'When you find someone you want to spent your life with, make sure he is a kind hearted man' Mama told me as I made a gaging face, 'I don't want to marry anyone!' My parents chuckled, 'don't worry sweetheart, everyone says that in the beginning!' My parents took me in an embrace.

My eyes fluttered open as tears flowed down my cheeks. How could I love someone, when that someone leaves me all the time? I wiped the tears off my face. I walked towards the bathroom, and ran myself a hot shower before dressing into my father's old shirt and shorts. The shirt, which was sky blue, reached my mid-thigh, and the short reached just above the shirt.

I made waffles, and didn't bother calling anyone, as I took a few waffles in my plate and walked towards the cinema room. I watched 'Aladdin' as I mumbled, "love doesn't exist!" Even though, Aladdin was one of my favourite Disney movie, I didn't feel like being or believing in 'love'. Merila came into the room, "can I watch Anastasia?" I nodded, and put the CD and left, making sure every few minutes she was watching Anastasia rather than something else. I turned around, to be greeted by a female's arms- Emilia. "Why are you hugging me Emilia?" She laughed as she replied, "because, you never wake up grumpy, this is the first time, and I thought you needed a hug!" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "okay, but why are you laughing?" Her smiled disappeared in a few seconds, and was replaced by a smirk "how was the kiss?" With my most serious face, "I don't know which kiss you are talking about." I walked passed her, and brushed off the tears that were threating to come out. "You didn't kiss my brother yesterday night?" She asked, confusion clearly evident in her voice. I shook my head 'no', as I looked towards where Alessandro was leaning against the door frame. I scoffed, "why would I anyways, he doesn't love me, right? Besides, my wedding is tonight, I don't want to betray my future husband!" I glared at Alessandro for a split second, before giving Emilia a fake smile, and walked out of the room, into my study.

This was it! I know who I am going to get married to, and I really don't want to anymore. Emilia didn't say anything to me, while she was doing my hair, and I didn't say anything to her.  Near the end, I looked towards Emilia and whispered to her as I put my veil on, "see you in your house, sister-in-law!" She looked up to me and smiled as I gave her a wink.

Everything was how my parents wanted in my wedding, and Alessandro had made sure it was like that. Winter wonderland- that was the theme of our wedding. Even though my dress wasn't made for winter, it was my mothers, and I know it suited the theme.

 Even though my dress wasn't made for winter, it was my mothers, and I know it suited the theme