Part 14 (Nothing)

I recorded the conversation, and walked towards the kitchen acting like nothing happened, when it clearly did! Emilia smiled at me, making me force my best fake genuine smile (which seemed to work), and walked towards the fridge to see what we had. "Watcha want for breakfast?" I asked Emilia without turning to look at her. I knew if I looked at her, I would tear up in less than a second. "Umm," I turned around and put my arms crossed over my chest, "egg, toast and bacon!" She shot up from the idea, as she grinned at me. I didn't bother to smile back at her, or laugh. I just simply turned around and took the ingredients out of the fridge. Suddenly, I heard someone whisper in my ear, "what's wrong love?" My muscles tensed, and I mentally scolded myself for letting my emotions get the control first, rather than my brain. I turned around to smile at him and kissed him before answering him, "nothing, just busy making us all breakfast!" I saw Emilia from the corner of my eyes, and saw her in a 'awe' position. "Can you do this somewhere else, or better, GET A ROOM!" She yelled, even though Alessandro and I both knew, she loved watching us together. You have no idea what I'm feeling right now Emilia?

I sat down in my study chair, as I saw the clock which read 10:55. I couldn't call the guards yet. If I do, they will accuse me of lying, even though I have an evidence, but that is still not enough. I need them to call my name when they talk about killing me, so I can record that and then capture them both. 

(These type of writing mean what she is thinking!)

Suddenly, I had the feeling to throw up. I rushed through the doors and into the bathroom of our bedroom. I saw Alessandro look up from his work towards my direction, as I zoomed past him. He picked my hair up, and rubbed soothing circles on my back, "you okay?" His voice was filled with worry, and if I didn't know that he was planning on killing me with Leo, I would have unquestioned his love for me. "Shh!" He spoke with gentleness in his voice. How could somebody plan on killing their wife, and then act all loving? "Yeah, I'm fine babe, how are you?" I answered sarcastically while glaring at him. "I'll get you some anti nausea medication, and a glass of ice cold water!"

"Why would I need ice cold water?" I hissed through my teeth

"Because, " He narrowed his eyes at me, his voice low, deadly and cold, "I heard that it helps with nausea!" I flinched at his words, turning my head away, as my tears could evidently be seen. What is wrong with me? Why are his words affecting me now, when they should have affected today morning? Or were the tears just piling up?

I walked out of the bathroom towards where Alessandro was lying. He had his hands supporting his head, as he had them at the back, and was just starring into space. "Alessandro, "I spoke my voice barely a whisper. Shockingly, he heard me, and positioned his head to look towards me, "um," I tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear, "I figured out the reason why I threw up 10 minutes ago." I looked at the ground, tears in my eyes. What was I going to do?

"Which is?" He asked cautiously. I knew that he knew, but I know that he also wanted to make sure what it was before jumping to conclusion. "I'll understand, and you're only 25, and I'm only 19, so.." I blabbered on. I didn't hear any movements, and before tears could spill, he was standing right next to me, with wide eyes, "are you telling me your..."

"Pregnant!" We both said at the same time. I looked at his face, which held shock, and instantly, my face fell down from shame. Alessandro hooked his fingers under my chin, and made me look at him, "baby, why are you ashamed? Did you not think that I would want our child?" He placed his hand over my stomach, where in a few months, there would be a bump. "Did you not think that I would want that child that you are going to spend 9 months carrying?" He smiled at me, which made me burst out in tears. He embraced me in a hug, "everything is going to be okay. Never forget that I love you, alright?" I wanted to believe that everything was going to be alright. I wanted to believe him. I wanted to believe in the love that he was showing me right now; I just couldn't. I couldn't believe in the word love anymore. I couldn't believe what my parents had told me about love, and how life is perfect when you fall in love, I just couldn't.

Everything looked dull. Every had lost its colours. I placed my hand over my womb, while still in a warm embrace by Alessandro. What world have I brought you in? If only I could do things differently, you would be coming out in a world where your parents loved each other, where the love between your parents never died out, where they would hold your hand, and take your first steps with you, where everything was alright. But it isn't, and it never can be again!

Forgiving is easier, but forgetting is much harder...