Aizawa looked at his son with a tired look that poorly masked his growing concern for the greenette, terrifying questions plagued his mind, none of which he had an answer to.

Why do they want him?

What would they do to him?

Would they try to make him turn?

If they do then what would happen when he refuses?

Would they kill him?

Torture him?

Hasn't he been through enough?

"It's Ink* isn't it?", Izuku asked solemnly, "she said something, didn't she...", he omitted the panic in his voice while Aizawa's expression morphed into worry and pity, that really hurt the teenager because he had decided a long time ago that he wouldn't take anyone's pity ever again.

"Just tell me, it's not like I didn't expect something bad.", Izuku said, hiding his disappointment at the pity he was receiving from his father.

"Izuku I don't think you want to know right now, you had a rough night so just get your mind off things-"

"You think I haven't tried?", Izuku in a deep and frighteningly calm voice.

"Don't assume I'm sitting around constantly thinking about my mother or the league. I'm always trying to "get my mind off things".", Izuku glanced up at Aizawa with a cold stare, his hair lying low in his forehead, dark circles and eyebags prominently standing out in stark contrast to his pale skin.

His viridian eyes shimmering in the evening light, reflecting the worried expression on his father's face but never mimicking it.

"Izuku just-", Aizawa took a breath. "Just trust me on this okay? Don't worry about it, you aren't ready for this-"

"Oh cus you know exactly what's good for me? Because the spar-stress buster thing was such a good idea. Do you not remember? It was the time you tried to get me to beat you up so I wouldn't feel like a sack of crap.", The ravenette's breath hitched when Izuku spoke and he chewed on the inside of his cheek as Izuku continued, he thought he'd quit doing that years ago but seeing Izuku's glare sent shivers down his spine and reawakened old habits and now his left cheek was taling the brunt of it.

"I don't need your pity, I fight my own battles and as far as I'm concerned, this one has nothing to do with you. Knowing her, she probably asked you to stay away from me so she can get whatever she wants and for the first time in my life, I agree with her."

Izuku had no clue why he said such hurtful things but it felt good to get it off his chest, having kept all his pent up worry in his chest.

He clenched his eyes shut and walked to the front door. "I will be fine okay? I'm just stepping out for some fresh air, if you're that worried then you can come with me just- keep your distance...", Izuku said and finished pulling his shoes on then grabbed a face mask, sunglasses and a wig to hide his features.

Aizawa wordlessly did the same and wore his shoes, they walked out of the house and Izuku simply roamed around aimlessly while Aizawa lagged behind him staring at the ground but glancing at Izuku every minute to make sure nothing happened.

After walking around the neighborhood a few times a single drop of water fell on his arm, then another on his left, soon it was drizzling but the grey clouds didn't seem like they were stopping any time soon so they changed their paths and went home.

But when they got home the door didn't swing open like it was supposed to.

"I didn't take the key.", Izuku said and looked at Aizawa. "I didn't either, get the spare from Christopher", Izuku reached for a garden gnome and took it's hat off to reveal an empty hollow with a silver key lying in the left foot.

Izuku opened the door and the cats started nipping at his feet, he smiled lightly and lifted Emma into his arms then kicked his shoes off and settled down in his room, taking a seat on his wooden floor and looking at his back lawn which was now drenched in the pouring rain.

Izuku quite liked the rain, loved it in fact, millions of drops of water giving him company when he had none, of course when he lived at his old house it was hard to enjoy it as much because of the giant hole in the window and the cold leaking in but it still managed to put a smile on his face, even if he was fighting a losing battle with pneumonia.

Izuku watched as the drops rolled down the glass sliding doors and frowned when the drop he selected didn't reach the bottom fast enough and lost the imaginary race that he had set for it.

He loved the smell too, the scent of fresh rain made him so happy, it reminded him of Miya, she had somehow found a rain scented perfume and it brought a grin to his face every time he was reminded of it.

His other friends also brought smiles to his face, Hitoshi, Shoto, Katsuki, Miya...

'I only have 4 friends'

Izuku laughed to himself with Emma purring in his lap. He felt content in that moment but that was soon washed away when he realised something.

'I only have 4 friends'

He stood up and ran down the stairs leaving a frightened Emma behind. Aizawa was watching the rain as well so Izuku grabbed him by the shoulders and screamed.

"I ONLY HAVE 4 FRIENDS!"

Aizawa had no clue what was going on, "okay?", he said, not knowing how else to reply. "Atleast you have friends-"

"DAD! I HAVE ONLY 4 FRIENDS!"

"what are you talking about?-"

"HOW DID THAT BITCH GET MY NUMBER?!"