Part 5

I forgot to tell Zashi.

----------------‐-----------------------------------------------

*Izuku pov*

I woke up and I didn't feel my uncomfortable pile of rags and I was well rested.

That's new.

  jumped off the bed and took out the knife that I hid in the waist band of my pants and got ready to attack but there was no one there.

I was in a rather plain room, with different shades of light grey on the walls, a bed, a wardrobe and some other stuff.

After leaving the room I enter a hallway with paintings on the wall  down the stairs and heard someone speaking.

"Yes I know you're excited, you can meet the kid later, yes- okay but- yes he's great- stop cutting me off! You have work I'll call you later. Love you Zashi", then Eraser hung up.

I jumped off the stairs giving him a scare. "Kid! Oh you're awake", he looked me up and down and his eyes settled on the knife in my right hand, "I didn't know where I was so I got scared", he nodded and pulled me to the kitchen.

"First sign this and then tell me about yourself, I don't know how kids work"  I signed all the papers and then he hugged me, "you're an Aizawa now", I smiled wholeheartedly. "Wait so now my name is Izuku Aizawa?", he nodded. I grinned, happy to be rid of that old horrid name. "Right so I'm a vigilante? I don't like quirkists, I'm okay at cooking and pretty good at baking if I do say so myself", after I finished that he dragged his hand over his face and smiled.

He handed me some toast and tried to turn on the stove. "Okay get away from the stove. I will make breakfast", I pushed him aside and put some bacon in a pan, after that cooked for a bit I put eggs in too and then I split it into two and put half on my plate and half on his. He took a bite and his hand went to his mouth, "how the frick-", I smirked as I took a bite of my own, "I know", we ate our breakfast and I put on my shoes.

"Where do you think you're going?", "uh school?", I said like he was stupid to even ask that. "You're not going back to that school", "of course I am, I still need an education", he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Come here problem child", I did as I was told. I sat on the couch and he brought out an iPad. He went to some website and gave it to me. There was some sort of quiz on it. "Do that then we're going to your place and then the mall", I nodded my head and took to test.

*Aizawa pov*

I gave the kid the online middle school graduation test and he came 20 minutes later with the iPad in hand. "That quiz was really easy", I stared at the screen, he got a 98.5 on a test that takes an hour atleast. Even if it was just MCQ's. "Jesus kid, are you a genius?", he shook his head. "Well now you've graduated middle school, let's go to your house.", "what?", I sighed, "nothing, let's go"

He put on his shoes and we left for his house. We got there and my jaw dropped. He lived in an old abandoned apartment complex. "I have 3 cats, they're all vaccinated so don't worry", I nodded and entered. He went through intricate passage ways until we reached a room. He opened the door. There was a worn out couch, a pile of folded clothes, a bunch of rags on the floor. A sink and a small cupboard.

He went to the cupboard and rang a tiny bell. Three cats came into the room through a broken window and nuzzled against his leg. One of them saw me and hissed. "Its okay he's a friend"  he said and the hostility immediately dissipated. He picked up all three and brought them to me.

"This is Emma, she's overprotective", he pointed at the one that hissed at me, "this is Charlie, he's cool.", the black cat purred. "And this is Esteban  Julio Ricardo Montoya De La Rosa Ramirez, but we just call him Steve. He's the cute one", I nodded and started petting Steve.

He gathered the little things that he had, which were mostly just notebooks. He put it all in a backpack and we left with the cats.

We went home and let the cats settle in. I still hadn't introduce him to my cat. "Izuku, come here", he came to the kitchen and I picked up Albert from where he was sleeping in his favorite spot in a cupboard. "This is Albert, he responds to Al, Alberto, Albie and Brittany. Don't ask me how", he nodded after laughing for a bit. He looked so cute.

We left the cats at home and went to the mall, Zashi was going to meet us there. I could tell he was uncomfortable around crowds, I remember him saying his ears were sensitive so the the first thing I did was go into an electronic appliances store. I bought him a pair of headphones. He was on the side, leaning against the wall with his hands on his ears. I gave them to him and he handed them back. "I can't take that! It's too expensive", I smiled. "I bought it for you and it can't be returned. I already have a pair so you take these", he still refused so I put it in the shopping cart and we left.

We went to the sleeping bag store and I got him a really comfy one that he said he didn't need, amateur.

Then we went to the shoes store, he picked out the cheapest pair of shoes and I whacked he back of his head. I made him browse all the shoes and his eyes lit up when he saw a red converse. I picked those up and bought another pair of black shoes and paid for them.

"He kept looking away from me every time I gave the cashier my credit card. I sighed, I took him to an icecream parlor and we had icecream. He had Strawberry cheesecake and I had Tiramisu. (The best flavors) we sat down.

"Kid I don't spend on anything okay? I have a lot of money saved up. Don't worry about it", he looked down. "But you can spend it on yourself. I don't need this stuff, I'm just a quirkless reject.", I was mad. "You are not a quirkless reject! Never believe that.", he nodded and poked at his ice cream.

"Who told you that?", he tensed. "Nobody", I dropped the topic because he clearly wasn't gonna tell me, "Come on, let's go get you some clothes and some stuff for your room", he nodded with a sad smile. I called Zashi and he met us at the ice cream parlor where we waited.

"Hey little listener", I think he was too loud for Izuku so he hid behind me, "Hi Present Mic", he smiled. I could die. This kid could kill me in less than two seconds and here I was fawning over how cute he was.

Zashi got the message and quieted down, "let's go shop some more, then we can head home", Izuku smiled widely and nodded. We went to the clothes store and he tried to pick out the cheapest stuff which I immediately put back. He frowned and browsed the shelves, I threw anything his eyes lingered on, in the basket. He tried to put some stuff back but I smacked his head everytime he did.

"I think I have enough unnecessary stuff . Can we leave please?", he asked. I looked at our almost full trolley and nodded my head. We headed to the car and got in. Zashi came via a cab so he was with us in the car too.

Izuku was sleepy, I could tell. "Izuku. You can go to sleep, don't worry", he looked at the ground and leaned on the window. We got home and I picked him up.

"You really love him, don't you?", Zashi asked. I thought for a bit.

"Yes, yes I do"