Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Bailey

I stood against the wall, watching as Regina pulled out a page from Henry's book that I had given her. “What's that, more kindling” Augustine asked “this page appeared to someone very important to me” Regina started “Robin Hood” he asked and Regina looked at him surprised “how do you know about Robin Hood”? “Just 'cause the boy doesn't remember being me doesn't mean I don't remember being the boy” Augustine said with a small smile.

“Well, you're right, Robin did find it but this page, it depicts something that didn't happen. And I think you know more than you're saying” Regina said and Augustine was quiet. Ursula was looking out the window before standing up “what's the matter, darling? Is there something out there” Cruella asked “it's nothing, just gonna go stretch my tentacles” Ursula said before leaving. Regina sighed and sat in a chair, closing her eyes to get some rest while I stood, leaning on a wall while Cruella did her nails and Maleficent read a book.

I smirked and started to move my fingers a bit, creating a good dream that turned into a nightmare for Regina in her head. Suddenly she jolted up and I moved my hand back and smirked. “If you're having trouble sleeping, I have something that might help” Maleficent said. “I'm fine, thank you” Regina said and the front door opened and Rumpled walked in. “Hello, dearies” Rumple said and we all stood up and walked over to him. “Tell us, did you find anything at the puppet's trailer” Cruella asked and Rumple chuckled “of course not. I didn't even look”.

Rumple put his jacket away “the man's a born liar. He never would have cracked so easily. Instead, I paid a visit to the fairies or rather, a visit to their ample supply of magic. Now, this potion can temporarily reverse any spell those do-gooders cast. They made him real, this can undo that. I promise you, deary, this is gonna hurt” Rumple said holding up a small bottle. August grunts and breaths heavily as Rumple tried to put the liquid down his throat but couldn't keep his mouth opened. I sighed, annoyed and walked over behind him, opening his mouth.

His face and body went from a human skin to a wood. “Now, let's see if we can pull this puppet's strings” Rumple said with a smile. After about minuet his body went back to skin. “When you said it was temporary, you weren't kidding, were you, darling” Cruella said. “You see, you may no longer look like the puppet you once were, but it matters not. That potion you just drank has activated that built-in lie detector of yours” Rumple said. “I don't know what you're talking about” Augustine said and suddenly his nose grew out “excellent. The next lie is gonna hurt” Rumple said and spun him around, putting his face and nose close to the fire.

“What do you know about The Author” Rumple asked “I already told you everything” Augustine said and his grew out even more. “Try again, deary, where is he” Rumple said “I don't know” he said and his nose grew out even more. I started to get worried, even though he doesn't know fully who I am, he knows enough. “Do not fool yourself, I will get my answer, where is he” Rumple asked? “The Sorcerer, trapped The Author behind a door” Augustine said. “The Sorcerer, a door, he's speaking in riddles” Cruella said “no, listen to me, Gold. You know about the sorcerer, you know I'm telling the truth. And she knows about the door” Augustine said and my eyes went huge.

Augustine looked at Regina and I took a small sigh of relief “I know my papa gave you my things. There was a page that I took out of the book, had an illustration of the door on it” Augustine said. Everyone was silent “Regina” Rumple asked “they were just scraps of paper” Regina said “then you'll have no problem sharing them with us now” Rumple said. “Well, I would if I hadn't already given them to Henry” Regina said “do you remember what the door looks like” Rumple asked Augustine.

“Made of wood, hand-carved frame, gilt in gold” Augustine said. “Where is the door” Rumple asked “all I know, is that it's somewhere in Storybrooke” Augustine said and I looked at him mad. Rumple smiled and pat his back “there we are, now” Rumple said and sat him in the chair. “That wasn't so hard, now, was it. Since the sorcerer was the one who did the trapping, we will start our search for the door at his or her mansion” Rumple said and headed to the door. “Maleficent” Rumple said and we grabbed out coats. “I'll stay here and watch the puppet” Regina said “no, no, Bailey will be our guard dog. Since you're the only one who's seen the drawing of the door, you're gonna have to help us find it” Rumple said.

Part of me was happy that he was leaving me with Augustine, then we could talk. I waited till everyone was gone and looked at him. “So, you know a lot about this Author” I said and he nodded. “Most of it” “like what” I asked “everything that I just told you” “so you don't know who it is” I asked? “No” he said and his nose staid the same “all I know is that it's a girl” he said. I heard footsteps and quickly turned around to see Emma opening the front door.

“Bailey” Emma said and I smiled as she walked in with David. “Hello Emma, dad” I said with a smirk. “This isn't you” David said and I smirked before quickly turning around and grabbing Mary Margret’s throat. “Trying to sneak up on a vampire, not your smartest idea Mary Margret” I said. David and Emma both took a step towards me and I quickly turned my head to them, my eyes red. “Take one more step and I kill her” I said and they both stopped. “Go ahead, take him, we're threw him anyway” I said and let Mary Margret go before looking at David and Emma with a smirk and ran off.

“No” David said but it was to late, I was long gone. I headed to the mansion to see Cruella, Maleficent, Regina, and Rumple walking out of the mansion. “Well, that was a royal waste of time” Maleficent said “the door may not be in the sorcerer's mansion, but it's somewhere in Storybrooke. We will find it” Rumple said and I ran out in front of them. They all stopped and Rumple looked at me confused “what are you doing here, where's August”? “They rescued him, the heroes” I said “you had one simple task” Rumple said with a sigh.

“It wasn't my fault, we have a mole” I said. “Who would be foolish enough to cross us” Maleficent asked “I know exactly who” I said and looked at Regina who looked worried “Ursula. She sold us out for a reunion with daddy dearest” I said. “All right, we may have lost our informant, but we still have his information. Bring us the illustration of the door. Maybe there's something in it the puppet missed” Rumple said to Regina and she nodded before leaving.

“And what about Ursula” Cruella asked? “Well, we're one short” Rumple said “not exactly” I said and whistled loudly. Suddenly Peter walked out of the woods and Rumple's eyes went huge. “Peter” Rumple said and Cruella and Ursula eyes went big. “I prefer Pan” he said with a smirk and Rumple smiled. “Looks like we just gained an extra set of hands” I said. “And extra magic” Rumple said.

Finally caught up with the show!!!