Chapter 9: Hanging with Missing-Nin [Edited- New Chapter]

Start from the beginning

"And good luck with your training," Jiraiya said your name, wrapping an arm around you and squeezing. "Now, get going!"

You grinned and backed out of the hug, waving to him before jumping away on the start of your solo journey. What did the world have in store for you?

-April 15th, Y14, 8:17 AM-

Rain poured around you, water hitting the black cloak you wore that covered your clothes and head. You had heard of Amegakure before—some ninja from the village attended the Chūnin Exams you took part in years ago—but you had never seen it before.

To even get into the village, the gate guards conducted a background check on you for their leader to decide on whether you should be permitted into the village or not. You were granted acceptance, but you were being watched at all times. You understood the village's wariness of outsiders. Ame had been hurt multiple times because other shinobi villages chose the land as their battleground during past wars.

Ame was so much different from other shinobi villages. It was smaller than most, but it was industrialized. High-rise buildings towered over you, and the greenery was minimal. Despite how rainy and miserable the weather was, there still was something stunning about the village itself—the tallest tower, particularly. The architecture fascinated you. Each side of the building had a humanoid face on it, and it connected to two smaller towers. One of the humanoid faces had eyes that resembled the Rinnegan.

There wasn't one person you could think of other than yourself who could use the Rinnegan. And yours was unique because your Rinnegan wasn't permanent and was an icy blue instead of purple. So what was the connection between Amegakure and the Rinnegan? And just who was the leader of Amegakure?

Hanzō of the Salamander had been the leader, but if memory served you right, rumor had it that he was killed during a civil war in the village years ago. It had only been a rumor, but you were inclined to believe it was true because you hadn't heard anything about Hanzō in recent years.

You would have to explore the village and figure out the history surrounding it, along with the identity of the person running it. Although you would have to be careful. You were being watched, and you didn't want to piss off an entire village and start a conflict. Ame ninja were well-trained, and though you felt confident you could beat them in a fight, you would've preferred not to take on an entire village.

You approached one of the buildings marked with the kanji for hotel. It was at least ten stories tall but was drab and didn't have many windows. Oh well, it would work.

You entered the hotel and removed your hood. The concierge looked up from the desk as you approached her, and you greeted her then kindly requested a room. The woman pulled out a large reservation logbook and flipped it open then slid it to you. She offered a pen to you, and you uncapped it. All she needed was your name, number of occupants, and the day you were checking in.

You filled out the information on the dotted lines, not voicing your curiosity over not being asked how long you intended to stay. Ame was hard to get into, and the weather was poor. It wasn't a place tourists were drawn to.

"You will be staying in room 700," the woman said, handing you the key.

"Thank you."

You took the staircase up to the seventh floor and found your room at the end of the hall. You opened the door with your key and stepped inside, flipping on a light switch, casting a golden glow over the room.

It was quaint but cute. You had a kitchenette to your left that flowed into a cozy lounge room with sliding glass doors that led out to a balcony. You walked over to the only door on your right, opening it to reveal a bedroom with a queen-sized bed. There was a bathroom off of it, and you set your travel bag down and shrugged off your black cloak. This room was perfect for your stay in the village—a bit dark, but you didn't mind.