Day 25: Vampire Noble

For the first time in hundreds of years, I'd finally woken up.

A scrabbling sound from the outside of my prison explained the reason for my consciousness. I smiled as I heard a loud snap from the lid of the coffin. Though I did not know who exactly was undoing the chains, I knew them to be a thrall of mine. An image of me must have survived then.

Back then, the hunters had destroyed almost all my likenesses. Smashed all my carvings. Burned all my paintings. I felt them all, sealed away and slowly weakening. Fools. It may have taken hundreds of years, but I finally had a human under my control once again.

The lid of the coffin shifted to the side, exposing a sliver of moonlight. And then, a face, staring down at me with an expression I recognized as devotion. I sat up, shifting the rotting silken dress as I did so. Ugh, I needed new clothes. But first... a meal.

The young woman didn't even struggle as I drained the life out of her.

...

"Mistress?" I ignored my servant's voice as I twirled around in front of her bedroom mirror. I assumed the reason I could see my reflection was because they were no longer backed with silver. Yet another gift of this new world.

Human fashion was certainly strange these days. Much more... loose. But I can't say I don't enjoy the feeling of my arms being out in the open, not to mention my legs. The heels will take getting used to though. I twirled a strand of blonde hair around one finger.

Once I was satisfied that my body was rid of crypt dust, I turned towards my servant.

Her transformation was coming along exactly as expected. Her cheeks were a bit sunken, but some blood would fix that right up. Besides that, she looked the part of a proper vampire. Her eyes a glowing yellow, her teeth lengthening by the hour. Soon, she'd even have claws.

"Yes?" I answered.

"What—what's the plan? What do I do now?" Oh, the poor girl. New vampires were always so impatient. Unused to immortality, I guessed. Well, if she wanted purpose, I could give that to her. It was about time to start again.

"First, dear, we get some food." She nodded, following as I walked into the night. Where to now? It didn't really matter. Humans were everywhere, and turning them all would take time.

But, well, I had all the time in world. 

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.