Miraculous Talk Ft. Butterflies

Start from the beginning

"Um, bye...!" Said Chat behind me. He sounded so disappointed. Sorry Kittykat, not today.

I walked in the house and closed the door. Hedwig flew out of my bottle bag.

"That cat sure likes you a lot!" She says, giving me a fill-me-in-on-the-tea- look. And I thought Hedwig is suppose to be a serious kwami, but hopefully this means she's warmed up to me.

"He does...Not! Um, you're going to hunt for insects right? I leave the widow open for you!"

Hedwig was not impressed. "Hello? All knowing kwami here. And from what I can see, you like him a lot too!" Right.

"I do...?" I like Chat...I know this, why is it so hard to accept?

"You definitely do, I'll bet on the money used to buy all of the camembert that Plagg had eaten before," said Hedwig, nodding her head.

I was quiet for a moment. "Hedwig, doesn't the Owl Miraculous give me the power to know everything about my opponent? I don't think I've used it yet, how does it work?"

"Trying to change the subject again?"

"Yes, but I do want to know," I urged. Heart matters are too complicated, I'd rather think of something else first.

"If you say so," said Hedwig. "And yes, it does. It comes up on command, like your wings. When you want to, your vision will turn grey, and your opponent will be covered in ice blue. A chart of their abilities and things you need to know about them will appear on your right."

"Oh...Is that how it works for you too?"

"Not really...I don't know how to explain it."

"Then what about m other powers? I remember reading in the manual that I can 'cast a spell' on my enemy or something?" I asked again.

"Yes, but that isn't accessible...yet," Hedwig said, a bit of uncertainty in her voice.

"What do you mean?" Hedwig is usually very stable, so seeing her act like this made me really curious.

"You know how Hawkmoth is using the butterfly miraculous for evil?" I nodded. "That's because the miraculous has a bit of a dark influence. Not even the purest person can use it and avoid being at least a little bit tempted to use it for personal gain.

"If an ordinary person wields it...You can already see how that goes. Which is why the butterfly miraculous is the most dangerous, even more than the Owl Miraculous. It's only been given to the best people to avoid having someone be corrupted by it."

This was news, even to me. The show never mentioned anything like this, according to what I remember at least...Maybe I missed something? And what does this have to do with my question?

"Well, the Owl Miraculous has a bit of that dark influence as well..."

"What?! Why was I not warned about this?" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, it only happens if the holder uses the spell casting too much," Hedwig assured.

"Then why did the creator of the miraculous's make these powers?" I asked, a bit angry. "If they were going to risk having such dangerous jewels, shouldn't the kwamis have some control over their masters?"

Hedwig sighed. "Unfortunately not. My master was...in  bit of a situation when he made us."

"Sounds to me that he has some issues" I said, squinting my eyes at Hedwig.

"You could say that...But he's a nice person! Well, he use to be..." Hedwig bowed her head with a regretful look on her face.

I decided to change the subject for her sake. "So, lunch?"

"I'll go now, see you later..." Hedwig phased out of the door.

I watched Hedwig fly out sadly and wonder what happen to the creator of the miraculous. But I also wonder if my mother- yeah, my mother...wonder if she had taken the last KitKat bar.

I opened the fridge and, to my delight, my mother hasn't eaten the last chocolate bar yet. As I reached for it, the name KitKat flashed at me. Kittykat...I blushed as butterflies in my stomach started acting up and cringed at myself. Then, I started laughing.

*********

Filler chapter!...Or is it?

Thank you guys SO MUCH for the support I've been getting. You guys give me motivation and convince me that I'm not writing trash lol.

Edit: Guys, if there's any part in the story that I haven't yet changed Ladyblog to Miraculous Blog, pls tell me, thanks!

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 1303