Just A Nightmare, Right?

Time stood still.

Namjoon was sitting in the back of the police car when he suddenly felt a shift in him. All at once, the anger and the evil were gone.

He wasn't in his mind when doing the things he did to Jungkook, but the evil that had left him left behind the memory of it. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked out the window and saw Jungkook's lifeless body. The world around him was silent, but he could see the rest of the members screaming as police officers held them back. He could see firefighters putting out the fire and saw blue and red lights flashing, but he didn't hear a thing.

He began to scream and tried to fight his way out of the police car. "No! Jungkook! No! What did I do?!" He was begging to be let out, he wanted to go save his maknae. A police officer walked over and told him to shut up. 

"No, you have to listen to me! I didn't do this! Let me out! I have to help him!" Namjoon screamed through his tears as the police officer ignored him and walked away.

The members were all screaming their hearts out, piercing the ears of everyone around them. Hobi and Jimin were both throwing up. Taehyung lay on the ground not moving, he figured if he just lay there still he'd eventually wake up from this nightmare. It was just a nightmare, right? Like the ones Jungkook would have? That must be what this is. He thought about how crazy Jungkook would feel about this nightmare once he woke up and told him about it.

Yoongi fought his way out of the police officers grip and ran to Jungkook. He started screaming at the paramedics, "You're giving up?! Just like that?! How could you give up?! He's not dying! I won't let him! If you can't save him I'll do it myself!" He knelt down to start giving his maknae CPR when a paramedic grabbed him and pulled him backwards.

"I'm sorry. It's too late." The paramedic looked away, tears in their own eyes.

"Get the hell off of me! I won't let him die!" Yoongi pulled out of the paramedics grip and knelt down back next to Jungkook. The rest of the members had also ran to their maknae and thrown themselves on the ground beside him. All of them were crying and wanted to touch him but were too afraid to, he had a lot of burns. They continued to let out painful screams and begged the youngest to wake up.

Yoongi ripped the oxygen mask off of him and started using his mouth for CPR instead. It worked last time, maybe it'd work again. Through his tears he started yelling at Jungkook, hoping wherever the maknae was right now he would hear him calling and come back.

"Please! We need our maknae, yeah?! We can't go on without you! You're too young. Wake up Jungkook!" Yoongi thought if he could just scream loudly enough his maknae would hear him. "I said wake up!" Nothing was working. Still no pulse, still no heartbeat.

"I promise to spoil you even more if you wake up. You can have whatever you want. I'll buy you whatever you want, or cook you anything you want. I promise! Hyungie will get you whatever you want!" Yoongi's tears were pouring onto Jungkook's face. He gripped his maknae's face in his hands, it was covered in blood. He had burns on him but his body was freezing.

Yoongi started whispering in Jungkook's ear. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't protect you better. I failed. I'm so sorry I failed you. I love you so much, please don't die. Jungkook please don't go. Come back. Please come back. I need you more than you know."

He let his head drop onto Jungkook's chest as he sobbed. Everyone held each other as reality set in that there was nothing they could do. Yoongi turned his head to see paramedics walking towards them with a white sheet. However at the same moment, he could have sworn he just felt movement in Jungkook's chest. "Wait stop!" He yelled to the paramedics as he kept his ear pressed to his maknae's chest.