Midnight Flight

Mulai dari awal

Knowing it was too late to turn back, I stuffed the keys into my bra as I had no other options. I should've brought something with pockets and worn something other than my nightgown. I frowned as I thought about how my underwear may be exposed while I'm flying. Another thing I'd wished I'd thought through.

"It's too late for that now," I say to myself as I make my way down the hallway, "Plus I doubt anyone will see anything."

It was true; my nightgown was quite long, covering majority of my legs. So I should be fine.

It was a rather effortless trip to the closest exit, with me barely bumping into anyone except a few Holy Knights on night duty. It was something Liones Academy emphasized upon since Clan Academy had attacked and pulled a couple of pranks on the school multiple times. In fact I remember when Meliodas and I ended up meeting each other here. I was initially sent here to get Liones on Celestial Prep's side, however I was caught in the middle of a prank war. Somehow I'd managed to get lost from the group, nearly getting ambushed by a few demons, only to be spared by Meliodas.

We were on completely opposite sides and yet he'd decided to let me go. No questions asked or anything. He just told me to leave before he changed his mind. So after that I began to come to Liones more, hoping to spot the blonde and thank him. It took several trips and many flimsy excuses before inevitably bumping into him again and deciding to meet up in a forest between our two schools. It's ironic really because at first we'd despised each other. I was the Supreme Deity's daughter and he was the Demon King's eldest son. The two highest powers who loathed each other. We were naturally born to oppose. Yet from one fateful meeting, everything I'd learned was ditched and I decided to trust my greatest enemy.

That one trip had resulted in me trying to co-exist with demons, going against what I was taught to believe. It had started with Meliodas, and after that I managed to convince a few others, but I ended up failing. Eventually our parents had found out and we were forced to accept the consequences. All of our allies either defected or excluded.

I frowned as I exited the dorm building, the cool night breeze sending a chill down my spine. The moon was still as serene as ever, its pale light highlighting my silvery hair as it blew in the breeze. I wasn't meant to enjoy the night as much as I did. It was the time when evil came out to play. The dark hours. So instead I should rather enjoy the sun and its warm days. But eventually such days grow repetitious and lonesome. Rainy days and cool nights were unpredictable. None were ever the same as the last.

Meliodas, meeting him, had taught me that.

Deciding to just take off from where I was, I revealed my downy wings. They seemed to shimmer in the dim light, the feathers catching the moon's gentle rays. I then took off, a gust of wind forming from the power. I'd forgotten how easily I could end up several feet above the ground, let alone how effortless it was for me to fly for miles on end. However my wings had seemed to weaken in the time I'd spent not using them. I could feel the the strain a lot more as I began to glide forwards, my wings flapping at a steady yet slow pace.

The world appeared like a child's drawing from up here. Trees passed below me as curly bushes, followed by the tiny dots that were the Holy Knights and the square blocks of the campus buildings. A few pathways were shown, rectangular shapes snaking like a river. Many of them were empty, light spilling from some windows and streetlamps but majority being unlit. The sky was empty as well, with no passing birds or any others who were like me.

I sighed. I was used to having some sort of company while airborne.

"I guess an empty sky is good," The words slipped softly from my lips, "No-one would be able to witness where I am. But why do I feel so lonely?"