"Are you certain it is emperor Arthur and the Hero of Orion?"

Kalan's calm voice brought Ann out of her trance.

"Oh! Yeah"

Realizing that she was holding Kalan's arm, Ann let go in a fluster and coughed to hide her embarrassment as she spoke,

"I have been reading the 'He and his other half' series wearing a magnifying glass. There is no way I would miss a detail"

Ann stared into Kalan's eyes and asked,

"Or you don't trust me?"

"I trust you" Kalan answered with unwavering eyes.

The two of them stood in silence looking into each other's eyes for a while until Ann eventually broke contact and stepped into the space between the graves.

"The books were right"

She placed her hands on top of either of the graves and closed her eyes. She could imagine the longing they had for each other having separated before they could live.

Ann may not have fallen in love in both her lifetimes. But that doesn't mean she couldn't understand the pain that Arthur felt.

It was cruel of the Goddess for breaking them apart before they even had a chance at life.

"They were in love"

Ann opened her moist eyes and confessed to the person in front of her,

"They were in love with each other"

"..."

Kalan opened and closed his mouth, unable to string the words he wanted to say.

Feeling the tension in the air, Ann laughed awkwardly.

"Hahaha... You don't have look so serious"

Then, she snapped her fingers as if she just remembered something important,

"Oh! But here's the twist" Ann sprinted over to the mural and proudly stood with her hands on her hips.

"The Hero of Orion... is not a man"

She tapped on the inscriptions that were barely visible between the ant tunnels and smiled widely,

"He's a woman" 

Satisfied by the intrigued look on Kalan's face Ann continued,

"At first I couldn't understand what it meant by leaving footprints on the sand of time and blah blah blah..."

"But look at this specific phrase. If you translate to the common language it goes like... 'I will travel through the cycle of life to leave my footprints aside her one last time'... Don't you see, Kalan?" 

Ann turned back towards Kalan. 

"He's talking about a woman"

The Hero of Orion was the most featured famous figure in books and plays, that even children played games impersonating his character. The story of the Emperor, the Hero, and the great evil was a well-known fairy tale popular among neighboring continents.

Contrary to the legend that has been passed down through generations, Ann had discovered that the famous figure was not a man. But a woman.

The reason for the inaccuracy was unknown. It might have been intentional or simply a misunderstanding along the passage of time.

But the end result remained the same. The reason Emperor Arthur left the throne was because, he was a heartbroken man in love with a woman who had sacrificed herself for the sake of the world.