Chapter 5: Bad nights, New mornings

Start from the beginning

Percy's pov:

After I had woken up that morning I decided not to go back to sleep.

It was for the better.

I didn't want to hurt anyone else. I just ended up walking around the hallways after waiting for a bit to make sure they weren't out in the hallways as well. I'm not exactly sure how but I eventually ended up in a large gym area, this area connected to a large pool and when I say that this was the highlight of my visit so far, I mean it.

I practically sprinted towards the pool and once there I found notes on the door, most of them addressed to a different boy, mostly threatening from the words I could get out of it. I decided to ignore them and walk in, and although I didn't have my swimsuit on I decided that my spandex shorts and my sports bra were enough as I took off my shirt and dived in.

The water was soothing, it surrounded me like a hug from a friend welcoming me back home. I let myself relax as I float on the top so that even if anyone did walk in they wouldn't be suspicious. I let myself relax for a little bit longer by doing laps, diving, and just treading water. Eventually I get out, feeling rejuvenated and more relaxed than when I first arrived .

I thought about using my shirt as a towel to dry my hair but if I somehow happened to stumble upon someone on my way back this could cause lots of issues. At this thought that someone could see me I immediately shoved my shirt back on and rushed out. I decided that I wouldn't go back to my room yet as there wasn't much to do so I walked around.

Okay half of that was true. I originally got lost and decided to wing it, though what I originally said wasn't false.

I somehow managed to find the kitchen. It was about 5-ish in the morning so I decided to make some food. I first started a pot of coffee cause I knew I'd need it. I then started grabbing ingredients left and right and combining them together. After a bit I decided to cook some blue pancakes. They reminded me of my mom. A small smile rose to my lips as I knew she'd be proud that I'm still sticking it to Gabe.

When Alfred entered he seemed surprised at first before welcoming me with a warm smile. "Good Morning Miss Persephone"

" Actually can you please just call me Percy, Persephone is usually used by my...Enemies."

He nods with a smile and starts setting up the table while I finish the eggs.

Eventually I managed to finish and plate all the food, sitting down only due to the persistence of Alfred. Almost immediately Tim walked in. He looked like the souls down from the field of asphodel. I grimaced slightly as he took the rest of the coffee pot and started to chug.

Once done he started another pot and sat down at the table seeming more awake, the bags under his eyes now starting to make sense.

I just swiped a pancake and the syrup and started dousing the pancake. As I was doing that the others joined in. Damien looked at my plate in a disgusted manner "Jackson that is disgusting" .

This brought more attention to my plate as the others now looked over.

"What, are you trying to drown them?" Jason said looking slightly confused

"No, I can't drown and neither can my pancakes" I said in a matter of fact tone.

"I hate to break it to you but you drowning is very probable" Dick said.

I just shut up and set down the syrup. Digging in, I had to hand it to myself, they weren't exactly my mothers pancakes but they were pretty darn close. That was when I noticed the confused expressions on their faces.