TWENTY - SEVEN

cassandra
monday 1/24/2021

liked by alvaromero and 112,456 others cassandratorres happy birthday shortie! love you vv much, you have always been with me through the highs and lows and i hope nothing changes that

cassandratorres happy birthday shortie! love you vv much, you have always been with me through the highs and lows and i hope nothing changes that. happy birthday bestie, hope it's a good one! <333

I posted on my instagram story. Alvaro and Alejandro are both 18 now. Crazy to think about it. Soon we will be off to college before we know it.

I look up from my phone to see my science teacher have already started class. I take a graphing sheet of paper out and start coping her notes on the board.

I felt something small fall on my paper and I see it's a note that my name on it with a heart. I open it and right off the bat I recognized the hand writing. Alejandro's. I don't even read it and just crumple up the paper without a care. If he wants to talk to me like I'm friend then so be it. I will treat him like a friend and not a best friend or anything.

"Psssh" I hear from my left. I write down the new science equations but he keeps bothering me. "Look at your phone." Ale whisper. I ignore him and kept writing. "Casey at least look at your phone." He begged. I ignored him again and just keep looking forward.

Alejandro is about to leave soon and I know I should be hanging out with him or be all lovely dovey with him but after the way he talking to me. I couldn't. Last time I checked I am his girlfriend and not his friend. Or did I get this all wrong?

lunch

I laugh at my phone from a funny video that popped up in my for you page. I bring my knees up and place my phone in between my things while I eat my lunch with my back leaned up against my locker. Everyone else is eating at the lunch room which I didn't mind but looks they didn't know I left.

"Casey!" Lord help me and please let me have some patients. I didn't even bother to look. I just kept looking at my phone. "What the hell Casey? I didn't mean what I said the other day." I hear him sit down next me trying to get close but I move.

"If I knew you talked to your girlfriends the way you talk to your friends then I wouldn't have dated you." There was silence between us. It's true. If I would of known he would treat me like this later in the relationship then I would of never dated him.

"I'm really sorry. Truly. I never meant to speak to you like that." I sigh and roll my eyes at his un-effort apologize. "C'mon Casey—"

"I'm not only mad at the Devenity thing, you talked about my sobriety!" I harshly whispered at him. "You were talking about it as if you're the only dealing it!" I get up, grabbing my book bag, my lunch, and phone.

"Casey, stop, please. I miss you. I'm really am sorry." He get's up with me and tried to stop me but I don't let him.

"Alejandro, stop." I look at him dead in the eyes to show him how serious I am. "I think a break can do us some good." I see his eyes are now filled with hurt.

As if we are breaking up but I'm not ready for him to leave. No. I will never be ready for him to leave. I overthink about it but I will never be ready when the day finally comes— I hope there is never day where that comes. We have too many good memories to over come the bad easily. Yes I maybe do get attached easily, yes I maybe fall in love harder— faster than others but I can't control that. I'm scared of loneliness but that's the ironic part. Alejandro filled up that fear but I know when we break up Alejandro is not going to fill it up anymore and I'm asking for a break. I'm scared of loneliness because either shows no one cares about you or..... or..... or..... I caused myself to have that fear. I block everyone out but I get scared of being lonely. That's the most ironic part. Everyone has someone to lean up on but that person used to be Alessya but we are not on talking terms.... With Alejandro I will be lonely but I want our relationship to grow. I guess that's why I get attached too easily. I'm so lonely to the point if you give me a slight of affection I will get attached. Thinking you maybe like me, thinking you are trying to be with me, all of that but none of it is true. It's all me.....

"You really want to have this break?" Alejandro asks. He can see my brain twisting and turning to see if this is a really good idea. I nod my head 'yes' but soon after 'no'.

"I want us to grow Ale. I don't want us to fail." I tell truthfully. I give a sympathetic look. "I'm not ready for the day you leave me as breaking up but I want us to get better in this relationship so we are taking a break, okay? I never want you to leave me unless you really want to. If you want to leave me one day I get it—"

"What are you talking about? I also won't be ready for the day you finally say those words. I'm ready for the day of you walking down the aisle with the beautiful white dress you chosen . I'm ready for that. Not for you to break up with me." He looks at me as if I was crazy to say such a thing. I heard him stutter a little when he said that. He really wants to marry me? Me?

Cassandra the "sick" girl, the girl who is mentally unstable, the girl who can never have her life together, the girl that has no plans for the future, the girl who needs to feel so many things just to feel that one certain feeling, the girl who is a mess.

Alejandro who has his life together, is fit, the one that never did so much harm, the one that can already feel that certain thing, the one is has everything in a certain order, the one who is a complete opposite of me wants to marry me?

"Me?" I pointed to myself. Alejandro eagerly nod his head. "The girl that has so many issues?" I ask on more time. Alejandro looks at as if I have grew 2 more heads in the spot.

"Babe you are perfect the way you are. I wouldn't trade you for the world." I quickly hug Alejandro. The distance was too much for me and how I finally felt when Alejandro relaxed in my arms he was tense about it too. "I love you." He whispers in my ear.

"I love you too...."

SHORT I KNOW IM SORRY.... i have been feeling very unmotivated and the end of semester is coming up mensing finals!!! hate those tests but i have thanksgiving break in 7 school days so i will try and write more! i will try my best to have the make the new update soon but a lot of things has been happening in my life. i love every single one of you, eat and drink something today <33