EIGHTEEN

alejandro
friday 12/11/2020

I knock on the door. Please open the door, please, I need answers. I pace back and forward on her front porch. I hear light footsteps coming up at a door. Finally.

The door opens to a girl I want to answer from since Casey won't answer my calls or texts.

"Alejandro? What are you doing here?" Alessya says shocked. I stop pacing back and forward and look at the curly head girl.

"We need to talk, it's about Casey," I say. I see the red drain from her cheeks and her mouth opened it a large 'o'. She looked like she was going to get crazy if I didn't say what I said next. "No she didn't do any drugs or anything, it's something different."

She exhaled deeply and relaxed when she found out Casey wasn't taking drugs. Alessya nods her head and stands to the side and lets me in. I quickly walk in and waited for her to direct me to a room.  I play with my fingers, worrying about Cassandra of what she can be doing right now. When I touched that journal of Casey's I only saw the hurt in here in her eyes. I hate it when she cries, especially from me. She cried even harder when I didn't give her notebook back, and  I hate when I was that person to make her cry even more. I felt my heart clenched from the pain I saw in her. I wanted to hold her and tell her 'I'm sorry ' and repeat those two words over and over again so she can know I'm sorry.

"Let's go to my room and then we can talk."  I nod my head and let her take the lead. I look around the house, seeing the little things she has around her house. I noticed this is a one-story house and her room is the farthest one. I nervously bit my lip wondering what Cassandra would be doing right now. I pray to God that she isn't doing what I think she is doing.

Oh no! If I didn't touch her journal, I wouldn't be in the position, asking Alessya why she would react like when I touched it. Alessya opens the door to her room and walks in. "Don't mind the small messes, if you want you can sit on my bed or at my vanity. " I decided to sit at her vanity and keep letting the thoughts take over me, repeating the something over and over again. I didn't even know I was in my thoughts for so long I didn't hear Alessya calling my name for the past few minutes till she touched me on the shoulder. "Alejandro, what happened to Cassandra?" She says loudly.

I look up at Alessya and see she had a worried look on her. I knew if I didn't tell her what happened, she will start thinking too. I take a deep breath in and tried to calm myself down. "It's been one full week since I've talked to Cassandra--"

"--What did you do Alejandro?" Alessya says getting up in front of me. I lean back from the action and look up at her. "Cassandra isn't the person to ignore someone for a while week. No wonder she hasn't been acting normally on the phone." She placed her hand in her hair and paced around her room. Oh no.

"Look you are here best friend, you know her the best, even though you two don't go to the same school, yet you guys are besties,"

"Get to the point Alejandro!"

I take another deep breath, "I- I was at Cassandra's house after she was at the hospital for the past few days. Alessya don't tell her this but, I like her, a lot, and- and," I felt my eyes sting and see my vision get blurry. "let me start from the beginning. I was asleep and felt Cassandra shake me to wake me up. I was confused why she was waking me up but she showed me my phone and I see Devenity was calling me." I see Alessya rolling her eyes at the name. I guess she doesn't like her either. "Cassandra seemed annoyed and got up from the bed. I didn't want her to leave so I tried to make her stay but she didn't want to. She lied saying she felt something run down her leg and I told her she has 5 minutes, she rolled her eyes and left. I took the call and tried to end it as quickly as possible. It's been longer than 5 minutes and I've already ended the call. I started to get a bit worried but after a few, she came back upstairs. I tell her it's been longer than 5 minutes and she said 'Thanks dad, I know the time'." I paused. I felt my eyes well up again, just from the sight I remember makes my chest ache, and not a good one. "She starts writing in this j-journal and when she got in-to the room again. Her eyes were a little red-d but, when she started to write in the-the journal-l. She was crying more. I- took the journal away from her but that only caused her to cry more." The tears that were in my eyes run down my cheek. "I didn't know how much that journal means to her but she started to cry harder when I took it away from her Alessya." I look up at her more with tears in my eyes. "I hate it when Cassandra cries Alessya but when I took the journal she started to sob. I didn't mean to do that Alessya."