Chapter 22: shortened reunion

You feel sick.

For obvious reasons, you didn't sleep after that.

You're only taken out of your thoughts by rapid knocking on your door.

You stand up and open it only to see Kikimora.

"Y/n. We leave for the Knee in 10 minutes. Please be ready and meet us at the castle entrance by then." She instructs.

She walks away and you close the door, quickly getting dressed and filling your vile with elixir.

You put on your mask and head to the castle entrance.

Before you leave, a scout quickly runs over to you.

"You're late." Kikimora scolds.

The scout only looks down in response.

You all head off to the Knee.

You can barely focus on anything..

The vine shattering Nova keeps playing over and over in your head.

Once you reach the Knee, that scout that was late runs off.

"Y/n, go follow after him." Kikimora dismisses you.

You raise an eyebrow.

Is she just... letting you walk away...?

You do as she instructed and follow after the scout as they run from a tree that was just blown up.

You follow them near the edge of a cliff.

You sneak up behind the scout and your body freezes as you recognize the people below you.

"Eda!" You stutter.

Suddenly the ground below you starts to crumble and you reach around for something to hold you up. Unfortunately you ended up grabbing the scout and he just fell with you.

You land on your back, knocking the wind out of you.

"Coven scouts!" Eda points her staff at you while amity creates a ball of fire.

"Uh yes! We are but humble scouts and we surrender!" The scout sits up.

Wait.. that sounds a lot like-

"That was easy! And you?" King turns to you as you still attempt to gasp for air.

"I don't think they're going anywhere. That guy on the other hand.." Eda points to the scout who is now running away.

Amity wraps him in abomination goo, knocking his mask off.

They stand over him, leaving you on the ground.

Eventually they pick up Hunter and walk to you.

"And she is?" Amity asks.

Eda kicks off your mask, ready to hit you with her staff when her eyes widen.

You catch your breath and chuckle slightly. "Hey mom."

Amity quickly helps you up.

"Y/n!? Where have you been? We sent Nova to find you yesterday. Did she get there? Also Luz is my girlfriend now that's unrelated but I'm just so excited about it-" Amity yells.

"Goldie over there took me back to the emperors coven, Belos forced me to stay there because I have some tracker on me, turns out Belos is the guy who cursed me! When nova arrived I tried to send a letter that explained everything but Belos-" you cut yourself off, unable to finish your sentence.

"Nova... isn't with us anymore..." you mumble.

"The next time I see that man, he will be begging for mercy." Amity snaps.