Chapter 24: coven day parade

You and Hunter spent the rest of the day finding out what you can do with your whole Dracotaur thing.

Flying was a little hard to get used to but it's honestly really fun! You also found out you have fire breath. This could definitely come in handy sometime.

"So we're still on for a dinner date tonight?" Hunter asks as the two of you walk through the castle.

You nod. "Of course! Let me get changed first, these clothes got kinda dirty." You chuckle, gesturing to your clothes that are now covered in dirt and scorch marks.

You wave goodbye to Hunter as you head off down the halls towards your room.

You turn the corner and see..

Raine.

You freeze.

"Y/n? Is that you?" Raine asks.

You run over to them.

"You're okay! I haven't seen you since... well, you know- I was worried! I didn't get a chance to ask Eda what happened to you and-" you stutter.

Raine cuts you off. "What? Y/n, we haven't seen each other since you went to Hexside. And I definitely haven't seen Eda in a long time. I'm not... I'm not sure what you're talking about.." they mumble, looking at you with a confused expression.

Suddenly someone walks up behind them.

Terra Snapdragon, the head witch of the plant coven.

"Is everything alright here?" She asks.

Raine nods. "Yes. I'm just speaking to an old friend." They explain.

Raine pauses and looks back at you.

"It is a possibility I might have seen you... I can barely remember anything from the past few months with these headaches." They say, rubbing their head.

"I know what will help with that. Here, have your tea." Terra hands Raine a cup and they drink it.

Somethings definitely off here..

"It was.. nice seeing you again. I have to get going, the golden guard and I are doing some... training.. in a few minutes..  I'll see you around." You start to head off when a vine turns you around.

"Oh! I almost forgot. The Emperor wants you to assist at the Coven Day Parade this week." Terra says.

"Oh. Alright." You nod.

She smiles and heads off with Raine.

You sigh and go to your room, getting changed.

After you get into some clean clothes, you and Hunter head out into town.

"Hey.. have you uh.. seen Raine recently? I know you probably met them when they joined the coven as a head witch but have they seemed... different... recently..?" You ask.

Hunter looks away.

"I'm.. not sure.. they do seem a lot more quiet than before." He says.

You frown. "I ran into them today. I saw them before, on the day I got dragged back to this stupid coven. But.. they don't remember that at all.. they don't seem to remember Eda either.. it's.. weird." You mumble.

Hunter takes a second before clearing his throat.

"Anyways, we have a date to get to. Come on, m'lady." He grabs your hand and leads you into a restaurant.

The date goes well but you can't stop thinking about Raine. Are they okay..?

The next day you're sent to town to help prepare for coven day.