Chapter 21: delusional

Unable to sleep, you find yourself walking through the dimly lit halls of the castle.

You head down towards Hunter's room and see him
pacing the halls, holding a book in his hands.

"It's fine- this is fine! It's all fine. Perfectly fine.." he mumbles to himself.

"Hunter..?" You call his name gently.

He flinches and turns towards you.

"Y/n-? You should be asleep." He relaxes when he realizes it's you and closes the book.

"Same goes to you buddy. But uh... I kinda can't sleep. Now that I know I'm in the same building as the guy who cursed me and he probably won't stop at that..." you fidget with your fingers.

As much as you're trying to stay calm and collected, your body seems to be mocking you as tears threaten to spill from your eyes.

You shakily breathe as you run your fingers through your hair. "But Y'know it's ok. Happens to the best of us." You chuckle.

Hunter frowns and leans against the wall.

"If I could, I'd get you out of here as soon as possible. I'd make sure nobody ever hurt you again." He mumbles.

"Well my prince, knowing this whole situation, I doubt that's possible." You smile softly.

He looks over at you and smiles back slightly.

"You haven't called me prince in a while." He smirks.

Your face goes red and you roll your eyes.

He walks up to you and gently grabs your chin, tilting your head towards his.

"You're so cute." He chuckles.

"Hunter, considering everything that's happened today is this really the right time to be flirting?" You blankly stare at him.

His face goes red and he backs away.

"Wh- but you flirted first!" He yells.

You smirk and quickly peck him on the cheek. "Yeah, I know. Just couldn't let you kiss me first."

His face melts into a smile and he sighs. "You are really weird Y/n."

"Thank you. I pride myself in what others think of me." You roll your eyes.

"Y/n... Why are you distracting yourself from the truth?" He asks.

You freeze. "What..?"

"You need to stop hiding." He steps towards you again.

His face is weirdly distorted and the hallway is darker than before.

"No.. nonono, this isn't happening." You yell, pushing him away and running down the halls.

"You can't hide from who you are Y/n. The curse will never leave you." Thousands of distorted voices call to you from every direction.

You cover your ears. "I'm not listening! I cant hear you!" You yell, running into your room and blocking the door.

You reach around for an elixir as everything in the room slowly disappears until it's empty.

"No no no no-" you stand up and turn around to the door, only to see a horrific dragon in front of you.

"You again..." you slide under it and start running through the halls.

You look behind as it chases after you, not noticing as the hallway morphs into the halls of Hexside.