Chapter 41: Playing dress ups

Start from the beginning

Is it a childish thing to do? Probably. But does it work every time? Yes, yes it does.

'Argh fine'

JJ grins from ear to ear. He tugs his cap back over his head victoriously and takes hold of Popes arm, dragging him towards the dressing rooms.

This place is massive. It's some real kook shit. It takes them a while to get to the dressing rooms. The boys talk shit. Both avoid topics that could bring Kie up.

Neither of them talked about her much after she left. It became a subject, Pope noticed that made JJ seem uncomfortable. So Instead they discussed and exchanged plans for getting the gold and the cross back.

JJ had shared his with such enthusiasm. It turns out he already had a plan this entire time. In fact he mocked Pope for having not listened to him when he discussed it earlier.

Though JJs ideas are known for their unrealistic, bizarre and complete impractical nature, this idea was something else.

And Pope had to admit, it is a good plan.

The red curtains screech as JJ draws them aside and motion Pope in.

Whiles he waits for Pope to change, JJ walks over to where John B is. He sits next to him on the beige armless sofa.

'Waiting on Sarah?'

John B rises his head from hands and groans in answer. 'Do girls always take this long in dressing rooms?'

JJ shrugs 'I mean I would too'

John B looks at him.

'What? They got good mirrors in there'

John B scrunches his brows together but nods. 'So, do you know what you've wearing yet?'

'Nope', JJ says popping the p. 'You?'

John B shakes his head 'Sarah's being a bitch, she wants to pick out my suit for me'

'Hey I heard that!', Sarah warns from the dressing room.

'JJ', John B accuses 'you can't go calling my wife a bitch'

'I know it was you John B', Sarah calls 'and you're only going to have to wear a matching napkin so stop whinging like a two year old'

'I'm not whinging, you are-'

And just like that the two were arguing. Again. They've been like this for about a week now. They act like they want to rip each other's heads off and then they're later found sucking each others faces off in the corner.

'Guys, guys that's enough-', he begins to cut them off but hes interrupted by Pope.

'JJ', He pokes his head through the curtain and motions him over.

JJ happily leaves the side of the arguing couple and quickly retreats to Popes dresser. He opens the curtains slightly, and scoots through before tugging the curtains back into place.

Then JJ turns around.

'What? Why are you looking at me like that? JJ? See I told you it would look bad-', The words rapidly spill from his lips.

'No, You look... good'

For once in his life JJ was left speechless.

'Really? Cause I-'

'Pope', JJ says, placing his hand on Popes shoulder. 'Look', he motions at the mirror. 'Are you blind? Or do you see what I see?'

JJ nods his head in approval, his face very close to Popes. 'One sexy mother fucker'

Popes expression shifts, there's a hint of blush sweeping through his cheeks.

'Now come on, there's no way we're leaving here without it'

JJ turns to take leave but Pope grabs onto his shirt, pulling him back.

'JJ', he says nervously.

'Yeah?'

'How did you know you were ... bi?'

JJ just stands there with a confused look on his face until what Pope says finally processes.

'Um- I - well I don't know Pope. How do you know you're straight?'

'I don't', Pope mutters, his eyes rise shyly to meet JJ.

JJ scratches the a spot behind his ear. 'I-'

'Can I try something?'

'Mm?'

Pope closes the small gap between them and presses his lips onto JJ. He's taken aback by it at first but he rolls his head forward into the kiss. Pope cups his cheeks in his hands. He does something weird with his tongue and JJ pulls back.

'Wow okay... that is not how you kiss someone Pope, I mean who taught you that?'

'Shut up', Pope mutters

'Come here, I'll show you how it's done'

Pope falls at his lips again. His hands roam at JJs warm neck. JJ slips his tongue past his entrance. They kiss heatedly. Pope runs his fingers through JJs hair.

The curtains are pulled back without time for either of them to part.

'What the fuck'

The boys pull apart quickly. There Topper is staring blankly between them.

'Did you guys just-'

JJ shoves Topper up against the wall. His face threateningly close to Toppers. 'You tell anyone about this and I swear to god I'll fuck you up. Understand?'

Topper nods and JJ lets go of him. Then without looking back at Pope, he flees.

—-

**JJ holding his cap like ^

[Outfits will be released the chapter prior to the auction]

What is JJs plan? Oh you'll see ;)