32

So she panicked and ran. Her car was going faster than her heartbeat as she drove to the other side of the city. A small beach sat there.

Not as populated. She got out of her car sick not liking the feeling she had. At that moment she felt something she hadn't in a long time.

Love fear guilt. She loved them still. She feared for their safety. She felt guilt from all the blood on her hands.

Her lovers would call her a monster if they new what she did. How many families she ripped apart.

How many wives she killed. She just needed a second so she got in her car and drove to a bar.

She got out of her car and walked inside. It wasn't full much just her and the bartender.

"Bourbon." She says sliding her card across the table. He takes it and started a tab before handing it back to her.

Tucking it in her purse she saw the bourbon slid in front of her. She took a sip and then another and then another.

Four bourbons in she cut herself off."Ill be going." She says leaving."Your not gonna drive are you?" He asked.

"No I'm not." She says softly before walking out. In truth she wasn't her hotel was next to the bar.

She wasn't a lightweight but she was a bit tipsy so she walked to her hotel. Once she made it to her room she drew a bath.

She liked them as her job caused a lot of injuries and bruises and it was nice. She no longer felt pain when water hit her body.

Thankfully she didn't have a wound this time. So she lowered herself into the water and relaxed.

Just as her shoulders fell she heard a knock at her door.'fuck.' She thought before getting out and grabbing her robe.

It was silk so naturally, it fell against her skin so fluidly it almost melded with it. Her hair was wet and messy resting against her face.

Walking through the curtain divider she opened her door. "Letty?" She says looking at the woman she had known for so long.

She reached out only to feel water. That's when she opened her eyes. She was still in the tub. She then closed her eyes again.

And for a moment she felt the soft caramel skin against hers. But once she was submerged she felt nothing.

Her body shot out of the water and she just gripped her hair. A happy memory playing in her head.

"Forever?" She says her hand wrapped around Lettys."Forever." The raspy voice of her lover made her want to cry.

For once she did. Nothing grand no sobbing took place. A few tears as she held her naked body in the tub was all that happened.

And yet it was much more scarring than sobbing alone in her empty hotel room. The silence was deafening. Because she knew.

None would he there to comfort her no matter how hard she cried no one.