21

Alex POV
"Are you in pain?" Christina asked, after our mom left the room to get a cup of coffee.
"Not really. I just took the pain medication so the pain is going away." I replied. She nodded her head and looked down at her hands. "You can come closer." I smiled, as she was all the way across the room.
"I'm fine." She mumbled.
"Okay." I replied. "You sure?" I asked. She looked up at me. "Please?" I asked.  She got up and moved her chair closer. "I have a question." She whispered.
"What's up?" I smiled.
"What do you do if you need to scratch your leg?" She asked, with her attention directed to the cast on my leg.
"I don't know." I replied slowly. We sat in silence for a few moments. "I have a problem." I announced breaking the silence. She looked up at me. "I have to scratch an itch, but I don't know how to." I replied. She began laughing and so did I. (Author's Note. I spent like 20 minutes trying to research, scratching, and itching.)
**1 hour later**
Christina POV
It's starting to get late, so I decided to go to my room. I said my goodbyes to Becca and Alex, before beginning my short journey back to my room. The unit Alex is in is right next to the psych unit, so all I had to do was walk down the hallway. There were many patients socializing when I got the the psych unit. As usual I tried my best to avoid them. When will I get out of this hellhole? Why do I have to-- My thoughts were cut off as I bumped into a girl.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"You better be." She said angrily before walking away.
"You don't have to be so rude!" I yelled.
"What did you say to me?" She asked angrily as she walked back towards me.
"I said you don't have to be so rude!" I replied. Before I knew it she had pushed me down on the ground, and began hitting me. I tried fighting back, but I couldn't. Soon nurses came and took her off of me.
**Later that day**
I couldn't sleep. I've been tossing and turning for hours. I got out my bed, and began pacing around my room. The voices began talking to me. "There's no point in you living." "No one wants you around." "You're worthless." "Why don't you just jump out that window right now?" I walked over to the window, and looked down. "Go ahead, open it." I reached to open the window, before I could open it, a voice spoke. "What are you doing Christina?" Georgia asked. She's a nurse that works in the nights. "N-nothing." I stuttered. She raised her eyebrow. "I wanna kill myself." I mumbled.
"Why?" she asked.
"I don't know, I just do." I said softly.
"Okay, well, I need to call your doctor." She said before leaving my room. I sighed and sat down on the floor. I allowed a few tears to fall from my eyes. I quickly found myself in hysterics.
Dr. Mahone POV
As soon as my phone rang I got out of my bed, got dressed and began driving to the hospital.
**1 hour later**
I arrived at the hospital and quickly went to the psych unit. "Is she okay?" I asked Georgia.
"Physically yes. Otherwise, no. She's just been crying for the past hour, and she said she doesn't want to talk." Georgia replied.
"Okay." I said quickly before walking into Christina's room. She was curled up in a ball, in the corner crying. I sat down next to her. "What's wrong?" I whispered.
Christina POV
I looked up, at Dr. Mahone, before slowly looking down. He lifted my chin. "You can talk to me." He whispered. I rested my head on his chest. "I just don't belong in this world." I cried, as he rubbed my back.
"Why do you think that?" He whispered.
"I just don't." I replied.
"You belong in this world." He said.
"You're just saying that." I replied.
"No, I'm not. You really do belong in this world." He said, before kissing my forehead.
**The Next Morning (5am)**
I woke up, in my bed, wrapped in Dr. Mahone's arms. He was awake already. "Good morning." He smiled.
"Good morning." I replied. "Why'd you stay the whole night?" I asked.
"Well, for about an hour you begged me not to leave. Then, we made a compromise, that I'd only leave when you fall asleepm. However, when you fell asleep, you looked too peaceful for me to possibly disturb your sleep, so I stayed." He replied.
"Oh. Did you sleep?" I asked.
"Yeah, a little bit." He said looking into my eyes. I nodded my head. "I kinda have to go now." He said softly.
"Why?" I pouted.
"I have work, at 9." He replied.
"Can we compromise?" I asked.
"It depends on what it is." He replied.
"So it's 5am, and you have work at 9 and you live an hour away from the hospital. So stay an hour until 6. Get home at 7. Leave at 8 and get to work at 9." I replied. He thought for a moment. "Okay." He replied.
**30 minutes later**
For the past half hour all I could think about was Alex. "Have you ever really really liked someone, you really shouldn't like?" I asked, Dr. Mahone.
"Yeah, I really really like you. And I really shouldn't." He replied.
"I mean like have ever liked someone that you should never like?" I asked, hoping that'd make sense.
"Well, no. Why?" He replied.
"I don't know." I replied.
"Do you like someone else?" He asked.
"N-no." I stuttered. He raised his eyebrow. "You don't have to lie to me." He said softly.
"You wouldn't understand." I replied.
"Well tell me and I'll try understanding." He replied.
"I think I like Alex." I replied.
"Becca's son?" He asked.
"Yeah." I replied.
"Oh." He said softly. He looked outside through the window. "I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"For?" He asked.
"Well, I've never been in a relationship before, but I don't think I'm supposed to like others, much less tell you." I replied.
"It's okay." He smiled.
**8:30am**
I got bored so I decided to plan out my day. First I'd have breakfast at 9, go to my doctors appointment at 10. Hang out with Alex until noon. Hang out with Dr. Mahone while he is on break. Go to my classes, which I rarely go to. Then hang out with Alex for a few more hours. Then I would go back to my room, and just spend the rest of the evening by myself.
Authors Note
Sorry it's so short. Next update Friday, April 10.