Chapter 15: Are we really starting over?

If Yuta had to point out the happiest memory he had, prior to meeting Doyoung, that is, was the time his dad took him to Tokyo. It had been a quick business trip but being away from his mom had felt nice. Yuta learned that there's feelings you'll never forget: happiness, and there's feelings you'll never want to forget: nurture. 

Nakamoto Yuta, Tuesday 3:00am

The problem with waking up at 3am without Doyoung in bed like he should be is simultaneously receiving a call from Ten, telling him said person is drunk and missing.

He'd almost not taken the call when he saw the contact name, but when he felt the bed empty of anything but his own body, he'd felt a push to pick up, like he knew the call was about the younger male.

"What do you mean you lost sight of him?" He didn't wanna sound annoyed, because reality was Doyoung wasn't Ten's responsibility, they barely even knew each other, but he was worried for his friend so he couldn't completely hide the shaking in his voice. 

"Kai was going to take him to his apartment but I think he freaked out and ran away" Yuta knew Kai lived in the same building Jaehyun did, so he had a bit of hope Doyoung had invaded the guy's home.

"Alright I'll head out" 

When he was opening the door he bumped into well dressed Johnny, who didn't seem like he was going back to bed. The older guy must've seen something in Yuta's eyes because he shook his head, there wasn't any annoyance in his eyes like how he usually looks at Yuta, it was mostly just sad, worried, maybe even a little disappointed. 

"Jaehyun called me, he's… okay… stay, I don't think it's right if you go look for him right now" Yuta understood. Doyoung was upset because of what had happened yesterday, and though every cell in his body wanted to go, he decided it was best to give Doyoung his space, he'll talk to him when they come back. 

It didn't take long for Johnny to return , and Doyoung looked bad, clearly drifting in and out of sleep on the taller's back. Yuta wanted to carry him, to lay him on their bed, to tell him he's sorry, that it's all gonna be okay, he wanted to make him stop hurting.

"I wanna talk to him" He said, though he knew it wasn't the moment, but he wanted an excuse to hold Doyoung close. 

"Not now" Johnny shook his head, and Yuta accepted, he can still wait for tomorrow.

Sliding back in bed, with the knowledge Doyoung wasn't gonna be there, was hard, at least he was safe though in the comfort of another man, and his body suddenly felt cold, is this how Doyoung usually feels? He drifts asleep before he thinks too much about it.

When he wakes up at around 6:07am to the sounds in the room besides, Doyoung is throwing up, he can tell, and he wants to check up on him but he decides it'll be better to wait until Johnny's out of the room. 

It doesn't take long before he hears the door opening and steps going down the stairs, he'll make it quick, he just wants to make sure Doyoung's okay.

"Hyung" The younger says as soon as he spots him, and he can tell Doyoung wasn't expecting him.

"I- Are you- are you okay?" He stuttered, because now that he was in front of the younger, he wasn't sure what to say, should he apologize? There's a silence before they get interrupted

"I think you should leave," Johnny said from behind him, and he just wanted to turn around and smack the boy.

"It's fine," Doyoung defended from the bed, and he was glad because he didn't wanna leave just yet. 

"Miso soup, good choice," He said awkwardly, in an attempt to not get kicked out so quickly. 

"It was the only warm liquid in Doyoung's cupboard," Johnny shrugged, but Yuta was curious.