Shot 10

Next day,

Khushi got ready in one of the dresses which Anjali had brought her. Her father was already in his usual home wear of a t-shirt and track pants.

" Ready princess?" asked Kiren, seeing his father ready.

" Yes almost. Just want to ask Mumma, if I can use the comb and Bindi," said Khushi with a little stammering tone. She had her both hands twisted to herself where she drew patterns in it with hesitation.

"  You can use it. You don't need to ask permission and all dear. This house is first yours," said Kiren.

Khushi nods her head, where she took the comb from the dressing table and started combing her hair, a little fastly.

" Papa, can I ask you something?" asked Khushi with the same stammering tone with her hand still holding the comb tightly.

" Before that, I actually wanted to tell you something," said Kiren.

" What?" asked Khushi.

Kiren forwarded her an envelope. Khushi took it with a confused look.

"Open it," he said where Khushi kept the comb on the table and took the envelope. Her eyes widen seeing her enrollment into a school. That too on 10th std, for which public exams were coming in 6 months. Tears filled her eyes drop by drop, where they fell onto the paper.

" They didn't let me study, I wanted to study badly," she said with a quivering tone.

" I know," said Kiren with a small smile where Khushi rushed into his arms and hugged him tightly, letting herself drown in her father's embrace.

" Thank you, thank you so much," she hopped happily with a smile forming on her beautiful lips.

" You are welcome, but there is something. You will be given private tuition for the 10th standard and you will be going to your school only when VIVA, Practicals, and final exams are going on. I know my princess is already a school topper, so you will cover the portions in this short span," said Kiren.

Khushi nodded her head where she lifted her head and looked at Kiren's face.

" Happy?" asked Kiren.

" Happiest than ever," said Khushi with a laugh.

" So on this occasion, can we go shopping?" asked Kiren.

" Shopping for what?" asked Khushi.

" Buying things for you, filling your cupboard with your things. Your new room needs necessary things to right?" asked Kiren.

"Room for me?" asked Khushi with wide eyes.

" Yes and we can set it up according to your likes too. You can talk with the designer tonight, but before that let's get you some clothes. The whole family is coming to select your clothes," said Kiren with a wink. Khushi just nods her head.

" Can we go down?" asked Kiren.

" Two mins, let me complete the plait," said Khushi where she kept the letter safely and took the comb, and plaited her hair beautifully.

" Done," said Khushi, completing her look by keeping a bindi.

" Your mom never keeps a bindi, and see you, totally opposite," said Kiren.

" I like keeping it," said Khushi where they both of them went downstairs, where the whole family was already at the dining table waiting for them.

" Good morning all," said Khushi with a smile where she took a seat beside Aisha and Anjali.

"Let's start then," said Rajveer, where the servants served the food for everyone and they all had the breakfast, chit-chatting as usual. Arnav who was so reserved to his family, easily got mingled with them. He felt some attachment with them and he was glad that he had met this cute family.