Chapter 59

Alexa's POV

I sit back against the wall in Moms room feeling exhausted. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I've overworked myself today as I feel slight pain creeping up my left side.

So far we have moved around the furniture in the living room getting it just right, while Rose was placing cushions, blankets and little trinkets around the room, Mom and I managed to fix the huge TV up on the wall.

Once the living room was done, we were on a mission. Moving on to the office/reading room we built our new desk, 2 chairs and hung up some curtains, Rose did an great job of passing us the parts we needed creating little names for the different kinds of screws and drivers.

From the office we moved back into the kitchen and Mom put some utensils in their new homes and of course her prized possession; her knife block, taking it's place on the kitchen island. We moved the dining table back and forth until we found the right spot and laid a rug down making it very cute and homey.

Rosebud once again did amazing setting up a shoe rack at the patio doors for some of our shoes. Mom really wants to get into gardening considering the space we have, apparently she's already bought some garden shoes? The rack consisted of 4 metal poles that slotted into their corresponding holes on the edge pieces, it may have taken her a while but the look of pride on her face when she finally finished was the best thing I've ever seen.

After lunch and a celebratory ice cream break we started upstairs in moms room. Rose's attention span at this point had ran out, so we put Mickey Mouse clubhouse on the living room TV and left her in peace as requested.

All moms furniture had come flat packed, so basically everything needed assembled with masses of instruction booklets and little screws. Her bed, beside tables, drawers, a bench for the end of her bed and her vanity chair. Thank god the wardrobe is already built in.

We managed to get the chair, bench and the two bedside tables built before we needed a break. Mom went downstairs to check on Rose and get us some water and that brings us to now.

I very gently cup my ribs and move my hand up and down hoping to ease the pain coming at me but it doesn't work. I stand up and stretch slightly "Fuck!" I trying not to yell from the instant ache it bears. I hear footsteps coming down the hall and put on a brave face not wanting to worry anyone.

"Here you go sweetheart" Mom says passing me a glass of water "You know it's crazy I already feel at home here. I can't wait to get your room done and we can finally pack up the apartment and start our new adventure here." She says with the biggest smile as we sit down on the velvet covered bench we built.

"Me too, I thought it would feel big and empty but it's really warm and cosy. And man, the house parties I'll be able to have when I'm older!" I joke nudging Mom with my shoulder. "There will be ZERO house parties happening here Alexa Maeve Olsen!" She says her voice stern, head slightly tilted but her face smirking.

"Yes ma'am!" I reply with a nervous laugh, leaning onto her shoulder.

Lizzie's POV

We sit in a nice silence for a little while watching out of the large windows. "Mom are you nervous about your interview?" Alexa randomly asks breaking our silence. I think about it for a second, with everything going on today I didn't think about what's happening tomorrow night.

"I'm nervous to talk about my fertility problems and what will inevitably be brought up about my past relationship, I'm so excited to talk about you though!" I say choosing my wording carefully. As much as we're honest to each other and she's really mature for her age, I'm mindful of the fact she's still only 14 and I am her mother so these conversations are sensitive.