Chapter 16

Alexa's POV

I keep talking to Robert for a while, he asks a few questions about my life and a little about foster care. I'm a bit reluctant but I remember Lizzie saying Robert is like her 'work dad' so can I trust him, but I keep things kind of vague.

A little while later I feel a hand on my shoulder "Hi sweetheart" I instantly smile, knowing Lizzie's voice from anywhere. "Hey, wow you look... well a mess?" I laugh when I look up at Lizzie she has her makeup done with a big fake cut on her head and she looks like she's covered in dirt.

"Yeah sometimes being an actress just isn't as glamorous as people make it seem! Do you want to come and watch me? I'd feel much more calm if you were there." I immediately nod my head, I forget sometimes that Lizzie has anxiety too and even though she's like a 'parent' to me I'm glad I can help her too.

"Well thanks for keeping me company kiddo, I'm sure I'll see you again soon." Robert stands up as I do and I give him a hug, which is unlike me I only really hug people I completely trust, I've been doing that a lot lately. I guess he reminds me of like a kind but cool grandpa in a way, even though I've never had one that's what I imagine.

"Okay, Lizzie are we ready?" One of the crew shouts over as we approach. "Yes, but I need Alexa near by if that's ok?" I smile shyly as they agree and give me a place to stand so I'm near by. Lizzie gets strapped up into a harness and raised into the air slightly she gives me a wink just before they say action.

-tiny time skip-

"And cut, that was just what we needed thankyou Lizzie." Someone shouts, possibly the director but I have no idea. I've been watching Lizzie for the past couple of hours and I'm just completely mesmerised by the whole thing, she is so talented.

Lizzie gets un hooked and comes over to me hugging me and kissing the top of my head as always, that must be where I've caught my new liking of affection from I chuckle to myself. "So what do you think?" she asks me as we walk towards the costume area.

"It was amazing, you're incredible I'm now going to have to watch all of your movies" I reply earning a laugh from Lizzie. "Unfortunately little miss you can't watch them all, some, actually most of them are definitely not age appropriate but you can watch any of the Marvel ones if you want to."

"Hmm I could always just wait until I was at home and watch them without you knowing" I tease, knowing fine well if she doesn't want me to watch them I won't.

"Well then I'm never letting you go home! I just don't want you watching anything inappropriate, you're still only 14 no matter how grown up you seem sometimes." Lizzie jokes, but actually the thought of never going home again sounds really nice.

"You do realise most of the books I read probably have more 'mature' things in than most movies, literally like in Jane Eyre after he proposes you gonna tell me they're just cuddling?" It's true classic literature is very romantic and with that can come some pretty suggestive and detailed chapters.

"Also my favourite TV show is Greys Anatomy, they literally have sex every episode!" I laugh and Lizzie stutters over her words. "Y-You know, I never thought of that, but still that's not the point you're not watching movies like that and you're not watching me in scenes of that nature young lady, and that is final."

I laugh at Lizzie's flustered but serious response and hold my hands up in surrender. "Understood, there will be no seeing you having sex in movies!"

"Alexa!" Lizzie gasps, before quietly laughing. She is finally changed out of her costume, which I found out today is for her character Wanda.