Chapter 46

Lizzie's POV

Once I notice Harry and Alexa are both asleep, I nudge Scarlett's arm and signal my head to the door for her to follow me. "I have Pinot, Chardonnay or Rosé take your pick" I say as I open the fridge to see a collection of wine.

"Pinot please!" Scar replies grabbing 2 glasses from the cupboard. We make our way with two bottles of wine into the living room and I pour us both a large glass "Talk to me, what happened?" I say passing her the glass of white wine.

"As soon as Chris text, I just panicked and knew I had to be here for you both. I didn't know how Alexa was or how you were coping." She tells me, I know I've said it a million times but I don't know what I did to deserve friends like Chris and Scar.

"Don't get me wrong I'm glad you're here, I really needed you but I didn't want to ruin your weekend, what did Colin say?" I ask her, Colin and I have always got along I've considered him a good friend but I can tell when Scarlett isn't happy and ever since their fight something has been off.

"I wouldn't have been anywhere else, I love my husband with my entire heart of course I do but you and Alexa are my family and I knew you'd need me here that other stuff can wait." Scarlett says, still slightly avoiding the question.

"So you two are okay?" I ask hopefully, but I don't get the reaction I was quite looking for instead she frowns. "Maybe... we talked a lot got a lot out in the open, he thinks I prioritise work and my friends over our marriage." Scarlett downs her glass of wine and pours another topping mine up too.

"That's ridiculous though Scar, nothing and no one apart from Rose has ever come before him! Anyone can tell how much you love Colin" I say a bit annoyed, Scarlett gives her everything to be there for Colin and until recently they've been the perfect couple.

"Lizzie I left our weekend away to work on our marriage and spend quality time together to come back home to you guys, I think he has a point" she replies. Hmm maybe he does have a point. I finish my glass of wine and pour another.

"So where do you guys go from here?" I ask Scarlett as she refills her glass, this is going down a little too easily how have we already finished the first bottle? "I'll fight for him, of course I will. But I won't change the way I am for anyone, I'm here because my best friend needed me, I know Colin doesn't get it."

"I know you're going to shout at me when I say this but I'm sorry for ruining-" I try to speak but Scarlett cuts me off covering my mouth with her hand. "No Elizabeth you are not apologising, it's not your fault or Alexa's I chose this, I'll deal with whatever that means for us." I pull back laughing in defeat, I won't win.

"Fine, but I hope you two manage to get through this. If you want I can have Rose for you next weekend once Harry goes home, she'll keep Alexa occupied and you two can try and figure everything out." I offer, not only that but I love my goddaughter to pieces and seeing her and Alexa together is all I need in life.

"You don't have to do that" Scarlett says tearing up, she goes one of a few ways after a few drinks, really happy and silly dancing around, or all deep and emotional and I have just noticed we've finished the first bottle and half way through the second in less than 45 minutes. "I know I don't have to but I want to!" I lean forward to give her a hug, emotional Scarlett is definitely incoming.

"You're a good friend Lizzie and an amazing Mom that girl in there has hit the jackpot with you!" She mumbles in my ear, even though she's a tad drunk I know she means every word. "You'll be okay Scar, your love for each other is strong enough to get you through this."

"I hope so, if not you're stuck with me Olsen!" She jokes behind her tears. Scarlett keeps drinking filling up her glass at some pace while I slowly sip the glass I have I know I can't really have any more than a few, someone has to be responsible. We talk for another hour or so mostly about Colin, until Scarlett gets a bit sleepy resting her head down for a second.

"Mom?" Alexa's voice snaps me out of our moment as I look up and see her leaning against the wall holding herself up. "What are you doing up? Bed rest means bed rest missy!" I say as I quickly get up to go and support her.

"I can't sleep and I didn't want to wake Harry up" she says as I help her to the couch, she looks at Scarlett with a puzzled face which makes me laugh. "Your aunt Scarlett can get a bit emotional and tired after a few glasses of wine." I explain as we realise she's fast asleep.

"She's going to get a bad back if she keeps sleeping on our couch! I feel bad she came here instead of being away with Colin, did I ruin her weekend?" She jokes and then turns more serious with her final question.

"No you didn't sweetheart, Scarlett's a big girl she makes her own choices." I say holding her slightly, trying not to out any pressure on her ribs. "We're going to have Rose to stay this weekend, after Harry goes home. Does that sound okay to you?" I check, even though I've already said I would I'll always check with Alexa.

"Of course! I love that little girl, she's great. I just wish I would be able to play with her more when she's here. Stupid ribs." She says pointing to her side and rolling her eyes, it's going to be difficult to explain to Rose why she can't run around with Alexa.

"Come on let's go get into your bed, it's getting late and don't forget tomorrow we need to wash your hair the sea water will be doing it no favours!" I say in my best Mom voice, I've really got it mastered I think.

"Oh great!" Alexa jokes rolling her eyes as I help her through to her bedroom, she's made it so cute and personal with the little amount of things she has. I can't wait to see what she decides to do with her new bedroom, maybe we could start buying furniture and get it all shipped there.

I keep thinking over my plans as I cuddle up with my daughter for the night, there's no where in the world I'd rather be right now. Who knew being a mom would be this amazing.

———————————————————————————Word count: 1273

Thought I'd treat you all to a little fluffy chapter since I have more free time this week!

Also don't come for me about Scarlett and Lizzie's conversation I know what you're all thinking and just trust me...

Things always work out the way it should.

And yes our lovely little rose is coming back!

I've been kind enough to give you two chapters so do me a favour; drink some water, eat a little something and get some rest!

I love you all dearly xxx