Chapter 63

A/N- trigger warning mention of infertility and miscarriages. (Ps this chapter is 3000 words omg)

Lizzie's POV

I wasn't feeling nervous until I started getting ready, I take a few minutes to just breathe. The thing is I know it's going to be okay, I know that I'll get a lot of support for speaking out and most people will be happy for me and Alexa, but I also know theres going to be negative comments from people just like how my mother reacted.

I pull myself together and pick out a simple navy blue dress to wear, do some basic make up and run the straighteners through my hair, leaving it down. As I'm adding the final touches my phone starts to ring, I scramble around my bed looking for it and answer straight away before I miss it.

Lizzie: Hello?

MK: Hey it's just us.

Ash: We just wanted to check in see how you're feeling.

Lizzie: I'm okay, a little nervous.

Ash: Listen Liz, you've got this!

Lizzie: I know I shouldn't care about what people think but it's just playing on my mind the closer it gets.

Ash: We saw you go through being torn apart by the media, while no one had any idea what you were really going through. You can ignore the small amount of negative comments because the support and praise you'll get will be incredible. I know it.

MK: Our mother hasn't made this any better but we're really proud of you. There's always going to be people with something to say but you're giving so many women and families a voice tonight.

Lizzie: That's all that truly matters for me, this isn't to redeem myself or put Luca in the wrong, but to do something about these struggles so many women go through... uhm have either of you spoke to mom recently?

MK: She called us after your fight the other day and we told her where to go.

Lizzie: Oh... hey what are you two doing tomorrow? Can we go for lunch while Alexa's at school?

Ash: We've always got time for our baby sister! Sounds good.

Lizzie: Ugh stop okay! I'm gonna go and finish getting ready. I love you both so much.

MK: We love you too, stop stressing.

Ash: Love you Liz, bye.

The call ends and I feel a little bit better, they're right nothing anyone says can be as bad as what they already have. I'm proud of how far I've come, of the life I'm giving my daughter. I'm doing something good and nothing and no one can take that from me.

"You look beautiful Mom" Alexa's voice comes from behind me, snapping me from my thoughts. "Thankyou sweetheart, is uncle Chris here yet?" I ask while giving her a little squeeze, she always makes me feel calm.

"Yeah he's here and ready to go when you are." She informs me, we head with Chris to his car. Thankfully there's been no announcement of me appearing on the show, so when we arrive we get straight into the gated parking lot without any trouble.

We head inside and meet my publicist Annie, and the crew fit my mic making sure everything works. We've got about an hour until we start filming and thankfully they'll get my section out of the way first.