Chapter 31

Lizzie's POV

Alexa goes into the bathroom for a shower while I put the washing machine on. My minds full of so many things I need to do and organise for Alexa and our 'new life' but honestly, this week I just want her to get comfortable living with me.

I've got a few surprises up my sleeve for her, the first one being tonight once she's out of the shower. The others will all be revealed Friday which doesn't give me long to get everything sorted!

"MOM!" I hear Alexa shout from the bathroom and quickly make my way through the apartment and knock on the bathroom door. "Sweetheart are you okay?" I ask starting to worry slightly.

"Yeah I just forgot my towel could you grab it!" She replies calmly, I let out a sigh of relief and go to grab her towel. Teenagers! I think to myself giggling slightly. "There you go" I whisper putting it down on the counter. "Thankyou Momma!"

"Oh by the way, when your done can you get dressed. We have to be somewhere at 6!" I tell her giving nothing away. "Oh yeah sure, where are we going?" She asks me. "You'll see when we get there!" I respond before leaving the bathroom.

I sort through some emails and glance over a few scripts I've been sent whilst I wait, honestly nothing really catches me eye and since I'm quite busy between shooting the latest Marvel movie and raising a teenage girl I pass on them all.

"I'm ready" Alexa says skipping into the living room, she has a huge smile on her face and her hair is still wet, her curls looking beautiful. "Good let's go!" I say picking up my car keys and heading out.

Once in the car I can see Alexa looking at me with a puzzled look on her face. "Where are we going?" She asks me again I just shake my head and turn up the music. "I told you, you'll see when we get there!"

I sing along to 'Pompeii' by Bastille until Alexa finally caves and sings along with me. I pull out my best car dance moves while Alexa sings amazing as always continually rolling her eyes at me and shaking her head at my moves.

Eh-oh, eh-oh
Eh-eh-oh, eh-oh
Eh-eh-oh, eh-oh
Eh-eh-oh, eh-oh

I hold a fake microphone towards Alexa for her to sing the bridge making her laugh.

Oh, where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?
Oh, oh, where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?

And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

The drum beat kicks in and we just look at each with serious faces before bursting into laughter and continue singing the rest of the song.

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like you've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
If you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

"I always thought that 'Dad dancing' was supposed to be bad but Mom dancing is so much worse!" Alexa laughs as I pose at the end of the song. "Hey my moves are great!" I say lightly hitting her arm pretending to be shocked. "Yeah okay Mom if you say so!" Alexa says between laughs.

I eventually pull up outside our destination and get out of the car Alexa follows me, I take her hand walking towards the building in front of us. "Where are we?" She asks, before I can reply a lady walks towards us.