Chapter 38

Alexa's POV

I sit down on the steps of the patio looking out at the back yard, Harry joins me but doesn't say anything. It's a warm day, not quite as sunny as usual but still a nice peaceful day the clouds seem fluffy and carefully placed into different shapes.

"It's not your fault you know" Harry finally breaks the silence, I look at him squinting slightly. "I'm just saying, it's not. Your Mom made a choice and it was you, she prioritised you any doubt you had should be gone."

"I know I just didn't expect it, she chose me over her mother. I saw the sadness on MKs face they've all made this decision because of me." I admit with an overwhelming sense of guilt.

"Listen to me a second Alexa, because I'm going to give you a bit of tough love here." Harry starts speaking. "Lizzie has spent so much time planning today, she's flew me all the way over here, got all her friends and family; the people that mean a lot to her are all here."

"She wanted to show you that you're no longer on your own, you've got a family and a lot of people who care about you. So Lizzie's mom doesn't approve, so what? It's her loss! But she's put a lot of effort into this for you. Don't ruin it for both of you."

Ouch. That was harsh but I needed to hear it, I've been so selfish I've not even appreciated that Mom did all of this for me. Harry stands and heads back inside tapping my shoulder, I look up to see Mom stood by the door.

She takes a seat next to me and looks out in front of us. "I'm sorry sweet-" she starts apologising but I cut her off. "Nuh-uh no apologising young lady" I say with a slight chuckle repeating what she told me this morning.

"Are you using my own words against me Alexa Olsen?" Lizzie gasps nudging me. "I mean it though sweetheart, I'm not sorry about what I did or the choice I made, I'm just sorry I never told you." Mom says taking my hand, I look up and meet her eyes.

"The twins cut her off too didn't they? I could see it on MKs face... why would they do that?" I ask needing some kind of explanation. "It's pretty simple, our mother didn't agree with me adopting you. I told her if she couldn't be supportive she can walk away from my life, the twins agreed. They wanted to support me and you, even before they'd met you and they don't regret it one bit." Mom reassures me.

"Is Grandpa okay?" I wonder, he must be feeling so guilty even though he didn't know. "Yeah I'm sure a hug from his favourite granddaughter wouldn't go a miss and then I've got one last surprise for you!" Mom says standing up and holding her hand out for me to take.

"Another one? Oh god as long as this one doesn't give me a heart attack!" I joke as we head inside, Grandpa's face lights up when he sees us walk in smiling. I give him a hug straight away "I'm sorry darling, I didn't realise." I look up at him and smile, he's got the same kind eyes Lizzie has.

"It's okay, I'm just glad I have my Grandpa and my two favourite Aunts and of course the best Mom I could ever ask for." I say as we have a family hug, because I actually have a family now!

"You're so sweet!" Ashley says kissing my head, we separate and I look at Harry who is talking to Robert and Chris. "Everything's ready Lizzie!" Scarlett says as she approaches us, ready for what? I think to myself.

Before anyone else says anything music starts to play and I know exactly what this is, Harry's head snaps towards me before we both look towards where it's coming from.

*(Play the song Heaven don't have a name by Jeremy Renner for this to make sense lol)*

I thought it was strange seeing a stage had been set up, but seeing Jeremy Renner at the microphone I knew what my last surprise was; for me and Harry to see our favourite singer live.