"What the hell Harper!" Ace yelled as he slipped on the ice.

"What?" I said, standing there cluelessly as if I didn't know what happened, he narrowed his eyes at me, "You pushed me first Idiot." he scoffed.

"Shut up and help me up." I laughed and helped him up, "Can you kiss my hand, it hurts." I rolled my eyes.

"Ew no."

"Yeah." his eyes widened for a brief second. The waitress came back, interrupting our moment and placed our food in front of us.

"Thank you." she smiled and left.

"What else do you think you remember?"

"I don't know." he sighed quietly, "Now enough of being sappy. Tell me about the random things you remember."

His body became less tense and more relaxed. The corner of his lips twitched upwards.

"You spilt your hot chocolate all over a random guy once." I gave him a look of pure disbelief.

"What?"

"Yeah. We were walking back to your house after going to the cafe and you tripped over your own feet and spilt your drink on that guy." I laughed and mentally cringed. That must've been so embarrassing. Not for me obviously but for that guy.

"Over my own feet? How is that my fault?" he shook his head.

"You we're and still are so clumsy."

"Again, that's not my fault. I was born like that."

"You always trip over something and fall and I always catch you." my heart did that thing again.

"That was like three times, only three!"

"I can tell you about other times."

"No. Please spare me from this embarrassment." he chuckled.

We talked more as we ate. He told me about more things we used to do and I added on, remembering a few things he mentioned. It felt good.

Everything was perfect. As it should be. Just him and I. Together in this moment.

We were two souls who got separated for a while then found each other again.

There's a word for that, soulmates.

Soul mates.

I was a strong believer in those. Because fate was real and things happened for a reason, including two people crossing paths. It wasn't a coincidence him and I happened to be there at the bridge, at the same time, that night.

Fate somehow found a way to bring us together.

A soulmate doesn't have to be your lover or anything like that. A soulmate simply means two souls bounded together by nothing other than love, a sense of platonic friendship or both.

And in each life, they always find a way back to each other, no matter what.

I think that's beautiful. The thought of having one is absurd but it's something to look forward to.