if it was us

'2016

A gathering just for the youngsters, enjoying their get-together as a celebration for the junior ones that graduated from high school.

There are some young adults in the group. The little old town has a number of good kids that have grown. They're also responsible for looking after them as standing parents in the gathering, with no older adults around. In particular, keep the alcohol under control for the evening.

"Teru pass the barbecue please." They've begun eating the fiesta that they ordered, and when they're finished, they'll be able to attend the main event.

Multiple voices surpass the venue that they've rented out in the city near the town. They all settled down at one long table, feasting as a family. "Is Reed coming, Chris?" One of them asked, "On her way, she's just finishing up some paperwork." Chris answered for his colleague.

On the other side, there's alex who's eating quietly with carson beside her. "I got you some broccoli, you can have them." Alex passes the plate to carson who gladly takes it. "Thanks, T."

As time passes by, the bottles are out, the evening has gotten darker. And right in time for the person alex has been waiting to arrive.

"Reed is here, just in time!' They all cheered, and Claire greeted them back as she settled down beside her friends and colleagues. It's a seat opposite of Alex with a distance of five people; Reed's pretty far back.

Their two years-gap explains their own circle of close friends, but all of them in town are friends. Except, Reed just officially met her a month ago when she visited the old town, where she lived with her grandparents before and later moved out to live in the city near her law school.

The little junior is still somehow awkward with her around, having an infatuation over the older one is something she doesn't have an idea of how to handle it. However, on claire's side, she's well-aware of alex's feelings. Wherein from the very first day that they met, claire can say the same.

Claire only heard about her when her friends told her about a band that formed in the town that goes around knowingly. And when she had the time to visit the town and watch one of 4T's performances, Alex was the one who caught her eye, so she came back once more when she heard Alex would be the center of that one-time event.

"You're going to Japan?" Alex asked Carson, and she nodded, "Yeah.. I think I'll be staying there for a while. But don't worry, I will still be back." She reassures her best buddy, and Alex just nodded at her. "So, let's hang out when I get back."

The two have their own conversation while being shut-off with others, although not for long until the older ones are coming by each of the freshly junior graduates to drink a shot. It's carson's turn and half of them are watching; she calmly took it and handled it. Alex assumed carson would be able to handle her alcohol just fine in the future, while taking that one straight up.

As the older one refills the cup for Alex's turn, she looks unsure whether she'd take the offer or not, even so Reed's busy conversing on the other side, she wouldn't mind. But again, she thought of not asking her for permission.

"You're up Tecchi! Don't say no to your comrades." He proudly insisted however, alex will never budge. Sora and Teru, her bandmates and other friends are cheering for her, and it is still not convincing. She took a glance over to claire who's busy talking and Patrick notices it.

"Ooh, I see. Hey reed~!" Patrick calls out for Claire and Alex wasn't able to stop him, so she seemed to shrink to her seat.

Alex enable to catch the eyes she couldn't still able to look straight at, and her heart suddenly race as she finds claire's curious face cute.