memories of autumn

It's 21st of December, white foam piles up the streets and roofs of buildings, wherein xmas is just around the corner. Snow has become pretty dumpy ever since the first week of the month hits, and our holiday break has just started a couple of days ago.

A two-seated black sedan coupe honked in front of me, snapping me off from being in trance of my surroundings once more, "Your taxi express has arrived." She called out from the rolled-window and we both laughed while I walked towards the back of the car, "Thanks for your service, belle bonny."

I opened the trunk and saw her luggage together with her guitar suitcase and amplifier, and I placed mine just right beside the empty space. I have my bandmate's black Stratocaster fixed and cleaned days ago that she used to play in the band which she gave it to me when we graduated.

I've always looked after it but I guess I was too busy to get a chance to strum, and by that it's a valuable treasure given by her so let's say I don't want to overplay it and I brought this one with me while I left mine back at my grandparents.

"Are we all set?" She asked as I got to my seat beside her and closed the door, "Hm, let's take turns on the way." I smiled at her and she reached out her hand to wipe off the snow that rests on my shoulders; a rose habit of hers whenever I'm with her. She briefly did before taking her hands back to the steering wheel. "Sounds good." Autumn returned the smile.

It's a long journey ahead, we might have stopovers and sleepovers along the way, however, we both don't know what lies ahead. And just have the best memories we'd keep for our first trip.

In her 3 hours of driving out of the highway, we made a stop at a gas station where we had a restroom break and then changed seats. We took 20 minutes of rest until we went back on the road, while on the way me and autumn sang a bunch of road songs, such as that one o'l convoy song; there was no time of boredom happening during our trip whereas we both were accompanied by each other.

I have my single-lens with me while I gave her a rangefinder to get used to, she'd take one slot very carefully and snap something memorable for her. "I'll teach you how to develop your film back in the dark room if ever you have free time." I told her and she smiled when I glanced at her, "Really!? It's a date then." I chuckled at her response and I heard the shutter click.

"I'm keeping that." She adjusts the lever and I briefly look through her then eyes back to the road, I chuckle at her giddiness, "Keep what?"

"Your smile."

I think my heart just reached the speed limit. Am i gonna get arrested?

I tried so hard to compose myself and not stupidly tint myself red from all of her teasing-compliments, I cleared my throat and stayed focused in front, "It's beautiful, and plus you're cute. You should use your charm every now and then."

"For what reason? And who would I even use them for?" I snorted and she seemed like she didn't know either. So she came up with whatever firstly appeared on her mind, "You can use it on me."

"To allure you?"

"If you're being precise then why shouldn't you?"

I remained silent.

Is it just me or our teasing is already getting out of hand?

I took a glimpse of her wherein she has her attention averted down to the rangefinder, perhaps to distract herself too..? "I mean, use it on someone you like. It doesn't have to be me, just take that as an example."