winter holidays

"Tecchi!" My grandfather greeted me along with grandmother waiting on the side with a smile on her face. They're right at the door of the house welcoming us.

We arrived on a cold night, just before Christmas eve and I'm really happy that they're in good condition but staying out for too long prolly will not be good for them. "Let's head inside quickly, it's cold out here." I said to them as grandma patted my back and tried assisting autumn.

Gramps helped me take my coat off as nonna does too to autumn, "You two must be really tired from the long-drive, tecchi, hurry I made dinner so you two can rest after." Grandpa said while leading me to the diner room, the house hasn't changed ever since I left. I miss the feeling of being here..

We're having almost a supper feast for the evening, they really prepared for our arrival. And my grandparents seem to be quite fond of autumn- much. Is that alright with her..?

I look towards autumn, who's currently being served by nonna, giving her dishes that she might like without saying a word yet with a very cheerful expression. "Thank you for taking care of our tecchi, autumn." Gramps says along the way, and i'm embarrassed, but seeing autumn's blitheness response, it made me more shy for the fact she'll realise they already knew her even without meeting her.

After they converse, and honestly? The table has never been this joyous to its extent, it was before when there's only three of us, though autumn has added more colour to it. Colours that I never thought of perceiving.

We greeted them goodnight as autumn and I went to my room. "You can use the bed, I'll settle a cushion down for me." I told her as I closed the door behind us. She sat down on the bed while patting the mattress beside her, "One bed, it's a chance to be able to sleep together." Autumn teased and I chuckled as I walked towards the cabinet, I still could remember where my stuff was.

"Your grandparents are very sweet and generous."

I grabbed the cushion out, "They are, though nonna may not talk too much but she gives her all." I said to her while walking in front of her to lay the cushion down on the floor. "Hm, I noticed. And where did the nickname "Tecchi" come from by the way?"

"It's actually a stage name, since we play mostly around the town the neighbourhood kinda got used to calling us with that and it became our nicknames entirely."

She sighs, "I wanted to see that highschooler alex so badly.." It seems like she didn't see the picture frames in the living room.. I just chuckled at her fixing up my pillow. "I'll go take the shower first, and your bed smells just like you." She stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

"It's prolly the scent of highschooler alex."

"Then your fragrance never changed." She said behind the bathroom door, and I snorted from her response. Thinking about it, I do have a photo album back in high school. I should show her that, I mean there won't be any embarrassing pictures there. As far as i remember.

As she walked out of the bathroom while drying her hair with the towel, i had the photo album ready and i think i'm actually not mentally ready. "Now I have the same aroma as you." She took a seat beside me, as her gaze landed at the book in my hands, "S-sorry." And i don't know why i can't breathe, also why am i apologising!?

Autumn then laughed at me, now she laughed. "What are you apologising for? I mean I like the toiletries you use."

"S-sorry, i just-" I can't believe i stuttered, i exhaled out through my nostrils to stabilise myself, my heart's running like a wild dog. "What do you have here?" She reached out so i opened it, "Pictures, back from my junior years?.. just some activities and moments that were captured.."