Chapter 17 (My True Friend)

Start from the beginning

His house and domain size didnt even compare to the size of Rosswals. Ram actually liked the smaller house. It made it easier for her to navigate when she first arrived, and didn't have to go through the process of entering twenty different bedrooms to find her own.

Opening the door Ram was met with the dark and almost abandoned looking office. It had a desk at the end of the wall near a window. Walking up to the dusty window Ram could see the outside and see the sidewalk that still had many people walking by despite it being the evening.

There were a couple filing cabinets, and it even had a small fireplace. Making it the perfect office space. Ram knew if she needed to make this her work area that she needed to clean it up since it was all dusty and had cobwebs everywhere. She was wondering why Reinhard's servants even allowed it to get this messy to begin with.

She spared no time and cleaned the office up and gave the room some lighting. After an hour the office was all clean and was ready to be used. Ram had not actually cleaned in a long time, so cleaning this office space actually satisfied her cleaning itch she had been getting.

Ram went down to her bedroom and brought in all the piles of paperwork she had been assigned, and sorted them out in the filing cabinets. Reinhard walked in and immediately took notice of the clean office area.

He couldn't believe Ram actually cleaned the cobweb infested office space into a fully functional office in only an hour. He was going to get one of his servants to do it, but it seemed that Ram had already handled it herself.

"Well Ram I am surprised to see what you have done with the office space, this should serve as a great area for you to work in" Reinhard said as he looked around.

"When I was cleaning this I thought like I was back in the Rosswal mansion" Ram said.

"I see. Anyway with other news. Your ratings seem to have gone up significantly since last month when you took a bit of a dip, for your stance on a certain taxation issue. Anyway you seem to be ranking second overall among the public. With Crusch just slightly being more favorable. This could change however"

Ram nodded in acknowledgement. Her focus was currently dead set on the paper set in front of her. She didn't know what to fill out since it covered her view on a political issue going on in Luginica. Ram had to write a letter on her stance when it came to a border conflict going on with a nearby kingdom.

Apparently a small patrol skirmish turned into a full blown border conflict, and the Lugnican army was able to occupy a huge chunk of land from the kingdom of Aureus. There is dispute across the kingdom whether the newly occupied territory should be incorporated into Lugnica or handed back to Aureus in fear of starting a full on war.

"Sir Reinhard, what do you make of the border conflict that took place in the south?" Ram asked, still stuck on her stance on the issue.

"From what I heard many counties bordering the area we occupied are in strong support of incorporating it into Luginica, but as we go further north east we start shifting into opposition. The north east argues that this could lead to a war with the Kingdom of Aureus" Reinhard said.

"Is there much support for war in the lower counties?"

"Yes actually. Many think this is an opportunity to grab more land since we seem to have better military strength"

"What about the counties surrounding the capital and near the north west?"

"Moderate for as much as I could tell. I would be careful to not make your platform get too occupied with this issue. Remember Ram you are seen as a moderate and picking a side could lead to you losing your support. With that said, I think there is more support for incorporating the territory than returning it."